DIY Thursday : Snowman Candy Bars

Remember all those red gloves I got on Black Friday at Menards?
They were 2 sets for $1.00 and I bought ten pairs.
:)

Here is what I planned to do with them - make gifts for Miss Sarah's classmates. We can't celebrate "Christmas" as it is a public school that celebrates diversity. With a group of Jehovah Witnesses, Hmong, African, Asian, etc -- they have to say "fall" party or "winter" party, etc. That killed my plan for Rudolph Cake Pops, LOL! SO - Snowman Candy Bars it was...

I had scored the candy bars free - thanks to the Halloween sales and coupons from the gas station!
I got these cute designs FREE from Laurie Furnell and simply printed them out. Why re-invent the wheel - right?
I trimmed them down a bit, wrapped them around the full sized candy bars and taped them shut.
 
One ribbon at the neck and one glove over the head, tied with matching ribbon.
 
 
I whipped up little labels that we put on the backside so everyone would know Sarah gave them.
 
Super Cute - eh?
We have a whole basket full - and ready to pass out.
:)
Yes, it is fun to be a coupon/deal shopper.
You can help create memories like this for pennies.......

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!