Cookie Monster Cupcakes

It was interesting having a Cookie Monster theme for a birthday party...
for my husband.

Do you know that there is NO
Cookie Monster stuff out there that doesn't say "Happy First Birthday" ?

So, we kept it simple.
Happy Birthday Mylar Balloons, a cake and Cookie Monster cupcakes.
That is what I brought with me to
Salvatore's Tomato Pies...
where they took care of everything else.

If you are on Pinterest, I am sure you have seen this idea before...
it really isn't that hard at all.
 
Here are some tips:
Make the eyes from scratch... using white candy melts (melted in a zippy bag - snipping a corner to control how I put it onto the Silicone Baking Mat)....and chocolate chips for the center of the eyes
Bake cupcakes... I simply used a box mix.
Cut a "slit" into the cupcakes -- this will be his mouth and hold the cookie.
Take a can of whipped white frosting --
I added a little almond extract, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and some Wilton blue food paste coloring.
I add the powdered sugar so the frosting will hold it's shape better when I pipe it on.
It went into my pastry bag, with a star tip and then I frosted the cupcakes...
Then add a pair of eyes...
and put a cookie into his mouth.
Simple!
Easy-peasy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!