Chicken Enchiladas!

This recipe came to me from a neighbor who treated us one night, but she used canned chicken...real shredded chicken or ground beef really take this to the next level!

A few weeks back, boneless skinless chicken breasts were on sale. I threw it all in the crockpot, added a small can of lemonade concentrate and let it rip on low for 8 hours. Then, I shredded it and broke into smaller packages for the freezer...tonight I pulled one out and made dinner!

Take a couple of cans of enchilada sauce (or make your own)...I like this brand and like to get it at the local Mexican grocery.

Take 1 can, and stir into the chicken. I used 1 large breast, shredded - which was about 2 cups of chicken.

Take a tortilla, add some shredded cheddar and a row of chicken mix down the center.

Roll up, tucking the ends in as you go and put into the baking dish. I can usually squeeze 8-10 into a 9x13 pan.

Cover with the remaining can of sauce, add a hand full more cheese and bake at 350 until bubbly on the top. We like to serve it with sour cream and corn.

All in all, it uses 1 chicken breast, 1 cup shredded cheddar, 1 package tortillas and 2 cans of sauce...My cheese was free and so was the corn and the tortillas, $.75 for each can of sauce and sale chicken means this dinner ran me about $3.00 AND we have a single serving of leftovers packed away in the fridge for dear hubby to take to work later this week! That makes 4 servings for $3 - a frugal meal that is VERY yummy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!