Today's Grocery Run

Today I broke the cardinal rule of couponing - I mixed up my coupons and held up the line! They had to call a manager over to fix things by voicing a transaction, etc. GAWD! I felt about 2 inches tall and I am sure my face was as red as my shirt...it was really hard to go back in for that third transaction, but we did it, LOL

This weekend I did three separate transactions and saved 88%(yeah!)
NOW, at MY Roundy's store, we get to use the original shelf price to figure out our $25 before the coupons get doubled, I know some stores work off the SALE prices. I will have the sale prices listed and the original prices in ( ). What I actually got FREE is marked with *

Transaction #1
6 boxes of cereal: 3 Corn Flakes @$2.79, Cinnabun Bites @$2.69 and 2 Rice Krispies @$1.99.
2 OM Beef & Cheddar Franks @ $4.99
2 Twix Candy Bar $.50 (.79)---I needed to build the order up over a zero balance.
----Now, it's time for the coupons!
Store coupon for the cereal - Instant $10 off, 3 $1 off 2 boxes of cereal (doubled), and 2 coupons for FREE hot dogs (Thank you OM party pack!)
*****Spent $.04 out of pocket, saved $26.60 - AND I got a coupon for a FREE gallon of milk ($3 value)

Transaction #2
2 Lloyds' BBQ Pork in tub @$3.99 (6.49)
1 OM Beef & Cheddar Franks @ $4.99
1 Lay's Wavy Chips @$2.50 (3.19)
1 Butoni Sausage and Beef Ravioli @$3 ($3.99)
3 Yoplait Delights Yogurt @$2 (2.89)
----Now, it's time for the coupons!
Two $1 off on the Lloyd's coupon (doubled) FREE Oscar Meyer Hot Dogs, $1 off the Lay's (doubled), $1 off the Buitoni (doubled) and three $1 off the Yoplait (only one doubled).
*****Spent $7.48 out of pocket, saved $26.34!

Transaction #3
12 Kraft Mac N Cheese @$1.29 - with a BOGO offer
1 gallon milk @$2.95
2 Buitoni Sausage and Beef Ravioli @$3 ($3.99)
1 Ritz Crackerfulls @$2.89
----Now, it's time for the coupons!
Five $.55 of two mac N cheese (doubled) 1 FREE mac N cheese, FREE milk, 2 $1.50 off Buitoni, FREE Crackerfulls
*****Spent $3.60 out of pocket, saved $25.30!

Grand total: Spent $11.12, got $89.36 in groceries --> saved 88%!

I figure that the average box of mac N cheese ran $.10 and all of my cereal was FREE along with my Milk, Crackerfulls and hot dogs.

*******NOW, my pantry is pretty full, and so is my chest freezer! I will get some fruit on Wednesday but that should hold us (besides milk and eggs) for the rest of the month!(I got bananas yesterday at Quick Trip for $1.36).

Here is my math for June:
$100
-13.92
------------
86.08 (after week 1)
-45.16
------------
40.92 (after week 2)
-1.36 Bananas from Kwick Trip ($.29/pound!)
-11.10 today's run
------------
28.46 to go!

I have more than enough food to make it through the month -- I will map out TWO weeks of meals on "Meal Plan Monday" as we are eating out of our freezer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!