$2 per gallon for paint!

If you are like me, you have a few things that need painting. When we moved in (over 15 years ago) the people before us had sponge painted the stairwell to the basement. Just one problem, they used a square kitchen sponge. When I tackle that paint job, you will see the before and after pictures, LOL!

I just happened to notice that Menard's has a GREAT deal on their private label house paint - $8 Mail In Rebates on each gallon AND they are all $2 off per gallon right now too~! There are three styles to choose from:

Interior Flat Paint $11.99 (Limit 5 gallons paint total)
Spend $9.99, as $2 comes off in instant savings, get $8.00 store credit back via mail-in rebate
Final price: $1.99 after store credit from mail-in rebate

Satin Flat Paint $13.99 (Limit 5 gallons paint total)
Spend $11.99, as $2 comes off in instant savings, get $8.00 store credit back via mail-in rebate
Final price: $3.99 after store credit from mail-in rebate

Semi-Gloss Flat Paint $14.99 (Limit 5 gallons paint total)
Spend $12.99, as $2 comes off in instant savings, get $8.00 store credit back via mail-in rebate
Final price: $4.99 after store credit from mail-in rebate

Keep in mind that the rebate comes in the form of a store gift check - that you can use back at their store on a future purchase. I have no problem with this as I have a few more things that I need to do yet like seal and glaze windows, re caulk the bath tub and, if all else fails, I can get FOOD there. (They have an interesting selection, check it out~!

-->The only problem is the fact that you can have white or antique white. That's it, your choice of colors. They can't make them any other colors. I have two thoughts on this. It makes for a GREAT primer when you are trying to paint a dark wall a lighter color and a neutral pallet makes for easier selling/decorating!

Since my stairwell is a tad dark, I will use the antique white to lighten, brighten and cover up that nasty paint job that they had left me with! I am even going to paint the brown wanes coting that is on the ceiling.

As for my living room - it has dark green walls and I will use this cheap paint as the first coat so the lighter beige that I envision it being will look much better and be more cost effective.

My five gallon purchase today should cover both jobs and only ran me $10 (after I get the $40 back from the rebates!)

I plan to attack the stairwell when I get back from Vacay and hit the living room one wall at a time...I will keep you updated with my progress!

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for all the great info that you give us! I am going to menards tommorrow. I have a red wall that I want to repaint and so that is what I am going to do with my deal as well. Thanks again....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!