DIY Driveway part 3

We are back from our vacation and have a stretch of warm, sunny days ahead! That made to day the PERFECT day to finish the driveway project! 2 brush/applicators, 3 buckets of sealer and we are ready to rock!

First I used the leaf blower to clean of the surface again. Then comes the sealant. The buckets have been living in my garage and were occasionally treated to a flip upside down to keep the "gel" from settling. I do think that the hardest part was getting the lid off...once that is done, you start at the highest part of the driveway, pour a few "pools" of it and start spreading. Forward and back strokes to get all the nooks and crannies. Then use the squeegee side of the brush to smooth it out.

Repeat.

Repeat.

Repeat.

You just keep working your way down the driveway! It IS hard on the arms and lower back, especially if you spent the day before ripping out and hauling wet carpet to a curb, but it's rewarding to see the end result.

If you get to the sidewalk and "slop" a little on the concrete - no worries, it won't stay on there long before it wears of.
=)

A special thanks to Grumpie for his help in this, as good a team as we make, I refuse to go professional, LOL! He came over today to help me spread it as I helped him with all that carpet yesterday. Between the two of us, it took less than an hour.

Just remember, you can tackle ANY job! Just research it, break it down into manageable parts and dig in - the reward of savings and feeling of accomplishment are just AWESOME!

Comments

  1. lol ok I had to look back at the other posts... I was excited that it would be something we could do but you already had a driveway ours is dirt.. So I would still love to DIY our driveway but I need to do somemore research.. :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!