Easy Granola

I have tried a lot of recipes looking for something easy, yummy and that my kiddo would like! This simple recipe can be changed up SOOO easily by changing the flavor of the extract you use, or by using almonds instead of walnuts, skipping the nuts altogether and going with toasted shredded coconut...the sky is the limit on the variations!

I did skip the sauce pan last time and used my microwave - I zapped for a minute on high, stirred it, zapped one minute more, stirred it and then zapped for one last minute. It came out perfect!

It can't get much easier than this recipe -

Granola
Preheat oven to 375°
6 cups dry oatmeal
1 cup butter
1 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon extract (vanilla, almond, etc)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup wheat germ
OPTIONAL 1/2 cup chopped nuts, shredded coconut and/or sun flower seeds

First melt the butter in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the honey, extract and salt and briefly heat with the butter. Turn off the heat and add the oatmeal and wheat germ. Stir. Pour the mixture onto a cookie sheet. Spread the mixture out evenly and bake it at 375° for 10 minutes. It will be a golden brown color. Remove from the oven and let cool. Then you can stir in 1/2 cup craisins, raisins, golden raisins and/or diced, dried apricots. Store in your Tupperware.

Next, I think I will tackle home made English Muffins! I have a recipe to try and just need to borrow a flat griddle to use (my mom has one, he he he)! Doesn't that sound good? A warm English Muffin with butter melting into the "nooks and crannies".
=)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!