It's so beautiful, I could cry...


We had a VERY busy Saturday!

It started early with me getting Ms Sarah ready for her dance class, right before I had to leave as I had a Holiday vendor event in another town. I left her with Daddy in charge who got her to dance, fed her and then took her to my Mom's for a few hours so he could go to work.


She helped Grumpie (Grammie's husband) shovel several inches of the freshly fallen snow, then they went out for lunch and got back just as I got there to pick her up.

From there we got ready to pick up MY Grandma (Sarah's Great Grandma) and treat her to dinner at one of her favorite places: Olive Garden. I LOVE their pasta e fagoli soup and haven't been able to recreate it at home successfully yet (darn it)!

Before you even ask...I used gift cards!

Dinner was our treat as she had gotten tickets for the three of us to see the Nutcracker ballet...one of our cousins was dancing in it - she is about 2 years older than my Sarah.

The kids all did a super job, the costumes were great and the live orchestra never hit a bad note...even the high school chorus kids were amazing.

Just as the newly unfrozen Sugar Plum Fairy was starting to dance...I heard Sarah say "Mommy, It's so beautiful, I could cry..."

Then, she climbed up into my lap and fell asleep.

For a four year old, she did pretty well - it was a VERY long day for her and she had glued her eyes to the stage for over an hour and a half. I can't wait to talk to her about it tomorrow and see what her favorite part was. My guess? The dancing bear.

Simply another reason that I love the holidays --

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!