Yuletide Jam

I told you I would keep adding holiday ideas for gifties, munchies and more...here is one of my traditional favorites - Yuletide Jam!

I got this recipe from a lady in the "God Squad". Way back, when I had my restaurant, there was this sweet group of older ladies that would come for a cup of coffee and a roll everyday after 6:30 mass at the local Catholic church. We fondly dubbed them the "God Squad" and the name stuck with the locals.

They even gave me a pained ceramic plate for my wedding, signed by all of them...such sweeties!

This recipe came from Mary - in exchange for using our machine to grind up the cranberries so she could make a batch x 10. (Keep in mind you never want to double a jam or jelly recipe as it won't set correctly...you have to make each individual batch at a time).

It's yummy, easy and very cute in a little jelly jar when you tuck it into a basket - enjoy!

Yuletide Jam
2 C ground fresh cranberries (I toss them in the Cuisinart)
20 oz Frozen strawberries, thawed
4 C sugar

Combine cranberries and strawberries in a have saucepan. Slowly bring to a boil. Add sugar and mix well. Bring to a boil, then simmer until thick (about 10 minutes). Pour into prepared jars.

You can water bath process in your canner, or just keep refrigerated.

Seriously, this is yummy!

Comments

  1. I would like to try to make this recipe, but i think that there is something that i am missing. The recipe says to bring the cranberries and strawberries to a boil, but makes no mention of liquid. I'm sure I'm just not approaching this correctly. Please help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The berries and sugar together create the liquid as they heat. It's SOOOOO easy, seriously
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!