Garage Sales: The Thrill of the Hunt

Last summer was all about saving money. Granted, we are still saving, but I am planning to hit the sales this summer! I simply missed it, LOL!

I do not just go from sale to sale to sale and collect random things to fill our house. I have a plan.

1) If it is a city wide sale: get their map!
I don't need to stop at a "Tupperware sale" as I sell it. I don't need to stop at a sale that has a lot of "great baby gear". I don' t need to stop at a sale that has a "ton of boy clothes". Etc.  A map helps you plan WHERE to go.

2) Have a list!
I stock pile clothes for Miss Sarah to grow into. I will buy up to two sizes ahead - and shoot for a variety of items: church dresses, holiday outfits, winter shirts, summer shirts, jammies, etc. I keep a rough inventory so I know what I need to fill in the gaps.
     I also have a book list, educational toy list, a DVD list, cake pan list, and a "what the heck" list - for those super cute outfits that I KNOW Sarah won't fit, but they are super cheap and I KNOW I can make a profit on them with the children resale events that I participate in. Shopping at a garage sale is a lot like shopping at the store: a list keeps you from a lot of impulse items.

3) Take snacks!
Then you don't have to waste time stopping for lunch, or use your precious Bargain Hunting Money for a quick bake sale table.

4) Buddy Up!
Whether you are in the same car or keep contact by cell phone, this helps you cover more ground than you could by yourself.

That's about it - four easy steps for success...
let's see what $40 will get me in Waunakee tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!