Rhubarb Banana Jam


Another Jam recipe for that Rhubarb - this time, using bananas!
You can get them for $.38/# at Kwik Trip - usually two bananas to a pound. For this recipe - my rhubarb is free, I use $.60 of sugar and the bananas were FREE with the KT coupon in their monthly flier.

This uses cooked rhubarb.
If you are having a hard time keeping up with your plants,
it is OK to dice and cook it down - it takes about 10 minutes on high, keep stirring.
You can use that in some recipes, like this one.

As for the bananas - I keep some in the freezer:
the ones on the counter that are getting too many "sweet spots"
get moved to the freezer until I can do something with them.
This is one option to harvest their optimal sweetness.
4 c Cooked rhubarb
2 lg Bananas, cut fine
6 c Sugar

Mix well and bring to boil and boil for 35 minutes or until thick.
Pour into hot jars and seal.

SUPER easy -- and a very unique flavor.

If you try any of these recipes, I'd love to know your thoughts.
I know these are kind of sweet so far, I will have some more tart selections later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!