Meal Plan Monday

It's the beginning of a new week!

In my coupon class, I teach people how to save money at the stores. That is half of the equation for saving money on food, meal planning is the other half to it.

You have to USE the food you have brought home and not let yourself make the "fast food run" - those add up fast and kill your budget!

Meal planning also saves you time - no more getting home and playing "open up the cupboard doors, what falls out is for dinner" game. You KNOW what you are going to make/eat and have the recipes and ingredients handy. THIS saves you both time and money, two great things!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a vacation week - so it means two things!

1) Freezer meals ready for the house sitter (special thanks to my "kid" brother)
2) Meals on the road for us - so we can keep vacay costs down!

We share a large cabin every year with my in laws - it's fully functional kitchen only needs our food skills to use, unless we want to eat out for breakfast, lunch and dinner all week. (We don't)

My in laws are normally house bound and LOVE getting out around the amazing supper clubs in the area -- so dinners will be rough: steaks, salmon, roast duck - all with about 40 courses to accompany them. (I hope you can hear my sarcasm dripping from each word..) It's their treat so I plan ahead for the other meals - using my stockpile to my advantage!

Here is the list:

Breakfast will include coffee from home and juice from the stockpile:
- Blueberry Muffins (We made a bazillion and froze them a few weeks ago)
- Blueberry Pancakes (taking the last of my Aldi berries and a boxed pancake mix from my stash, along with syrup)
- Cranberry Zucchini Bread
- boxed cereal (might as well, we have 30 boxes in stock!)
- eggs and toast

Lunches will vary as 2 of the group sleep LATE (think after 11AM) and won't really eat as they just had breakfast . I am sharing with you NOW that I plan to be one of those people, for at least 3 days. (hence the reason that they can eat zucchini bread or muffins for breakfast, LOL). Lots of Crystal Lite packed and our water bottles too.
- Grilled cheese with soup (cans from my stockpile)
- Leftovers from the obscenely huge dinners we will be having
- Fried egg sandwiches
- Cold plates (salads, veggies, etc)

I also have a variety of snacks packed: dried fruit, Emerald To Go Nut blends, Fruit Roll Ups, sardines (for dh - ew!), Crackerfulls, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, hot chocolate, S'mores fixin's, Chex Mix, Fish Crackers, etc.

---Let's not forget the septic safe TP!! I am bringing FREE TP from my stash instead of paying "tourist" prices for it! 

What do I need from the store when we get there? Milk, eggs, bread, cheese, lettuce and butter. Yup. It's going to be rough - we will eat for a week, on vacation and for probably less than $10. You GOTTA love the world of couponing and stockpiling!

What are you going to feed YOUR family this week?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!