December Daily: What To Look For With Christmas Clearance


I know, I know - it isn't even Christmas yet and I am talking about what to buy AFTER it, LOL! Trust me -- it is worth planning ahead a little bit so you are ready for December 26th.

One of my favorite things is shopping AFTER the holiday!

It good to do a quick inventory NOW on wrapping paper, ribbons, gift tags and holiday cards for the following year. Buying them NOW, at 50-90% off is  a great plan!

I like to keep an eye out for wrapping paper in solid colors or prints that don't scream "Christmas"...snowflakes work well for those December, January and February birthday presents.
:)

It's also a great time to hunt for stocking stuffers: things like lip gloss, activity books, single trains/cars and hair ponies won't go bad just sitting in a box on the shelf and they make me feel like I am organized for next year. You can "fill" with stockpile items like candy bars, small hand lotions, etc next year.


I also check the "holiday towels" to see what shape they are in...50-90% off is a great price! Last year I picked up a set of red with white snowflakes on it for $3. That was 2 full sized and 2 hand towels for $3 total!

Now, dig through your coupons for the food items! Just like Halloween, they clearance out the "normal" items that have holiday graphics. Last year I got:

Oreos. Holiday Oreos - half price and they came to just $.69 a package when you use the $1 off Nabisco cookies coupon. I got 5 packages.

Nabisco Graham Crackers - gingerbread flavor. $1.24 a box and they had a peelie on them that took $1 off. I got 4 boxes (all that were left) for that $.24 a box price.

Christmas Tea. An assorted gift pack that was $9.99 rang up for $2.49 and has a great variety - 120 individual packs in ten different flavors at $.02 each.

Mini Peanut Butter Cups -- for $.60 a bag. Perfect for a cookie recipe I have and the red/gold/green foil didn't matter as it was peeled off first!
In the past, I have gotten big containers of cashews, napkins, paper towels, muffin papers (I use when packaging cookies for gift boxes), cookie decorating items (sprinkles are pure sugar and last forever), generic holiday items for the giving trees (holiday jammies, etc), gingerbread house kits (who really eats a house -- they just make it and let it set on the table for a month, LOL), etc and all for a fraction of the original cost.
It really makes a difference when you look "out of the box" at the clearance and have a little plan ready. It keeps you from tossing into your cart a lot of impulse buys...which are bad for your budget. I am NOT able to shop this year, as I am on the road, but think I am stocked up enough yet to make it through more Christmas with my consumables.
:)

Now, here is the best part: You don't have to celebrate Christmas to hit these sales! I have a few Jewish friends (one I can think of, in particular) who would gladly gobble up a red Oreo! Most children wear jammies - look for snowflake ones! I even scored a bunch of red fleece throws one year - that have snowflakes on them.
:)
So, today is the day to make YOUR list, and check it twice. Then, put it aside until early on the 26th and go for it!

Blessings-
Dannelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!