My Scholastic Warehouse Book Scores

 I told you about the Sale HERE -- and checked it out yesterday.

First of all -- I thought the "build a box" section would be better -- I only found 3 books in there and that was hardly enough to fill a box for $25.
Most of the titles were for older kids -- than Miss Sarah who is 5. She reads at a 2-3rd grade level and still, the books were too old for her.

Books were 25% off, 50% off and 80% off - it just depended on what you were looking for.

I have a unit planned on the human body for Miss Sarah this summer and found a book to go with the flash cards, plastic model and poster that I already have.

I finally got the hubby off of soda (and he lost ten pounds!) so the Eat This - Not That books are part of his holiday presents...at 50% off.

The Dragon Princess will top off the gifts this summer for her Princess Birthday Party...the two Tinkerbell books complete our collection and a few holiday books to bring us up to an even 24 for the book Advent idea I shared HERE.

The kitchen items - Disney cookbook and mini pizza set - are part of my "healthy eating" education and will reinforce what she is learning in Health class. It is always more fun for the when THEY are included in the meal planning, etc.
:)

Add a couple of books for the gift stockpile and one for the "friend book exchange" in Miss Sarah's class -- that about covers it.

By far my best score? The Magic Tree House Collection! They were a set of 16 that were already marked down ab out 45% and they were another 50% off! I paid about $1 each for these and, after we finish the Tinkerbell books, will start these.
I like how they seem to have a mild historical side to them -- and they will help create learning poster segments as we read through them.
:)

I know I paid more than garage sale prices -- which are my norm,
but I DID get the bonus $25 off for having over $100 so I ended up paying $77.52 for it all.
That is $223.82 of books for a 65% savings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!