Making My Double Double Daze Pre-order Plan

I have already told ya that March 3rd is DOUBLE Double Daze, where Copp's and Pick N Save will double TEN coupons, up to a $1 value, per transaction.

I have been going through my coupons to make my plan, even though I hadn't seen the ads yet!

I know I have 40 coupons for $1 off 2 boxes of Barilla Whole Grain Pasta (expires 3/4) and that pasta retails for $1.15 a box, thanks to a price cut back.

I also have 15 coupons for $.75 off 2 Any StarKist Tuna Pouch prodcuts and the Chunk Light Tuna runs about $1.10 right now. **I have seen these coupons on tear pads by the tuna so keep an eye out at your store! 

So here is my plan so far:

Transaction #1
20 StarKist Tuna Packs @$1.10 (was $1.49) - use ten $.75/2 = $7 after Q (I might use some Catalina's or Register Rewards to drop this lower)

Transactions #2,3,4,5
20 Barilla Pasta @$1.15 - this takes me to $23, so I have to add about $2 to it. I will use ten $1/2 coupons = $3, plus what I add, it depends on the sale flier.

Transaction #6
10 more Starkist Tuna Packs @$1.10 (was $1.49) and use five $.75/2. This is where I have to look at the sale flier to see what else to ad as I need just over $10 more and can double 5 more coupons.
 
SO, My pre-order phone call on Monday will be for 80 boxes of Barilla Spaghetti and 30 packs of Stakist Tuna. No shelf clearing, lots of great deals for the food pantry (they will get the pasta and 20 packs of the tuna) and we will see what else I can come up with.
 
What are you after?

Comments

  1. Hey Danielle-

    I've never done a pre-order before I have a couple of questions:

    1) What do you call and say??? haha

    2) Are they ok with you going through and doing more than 2 transaction during the double daze?

    3) Any other tips?

    Thanks,

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy Amy!
    1) I have done pre-orders before so they know me
    :)
    I just say "this time I need "X" of this brand (and it's price) from the ad and, this kind and "X" of this brand, this kind. I give my name and tell them when I need it by. They usually have it ready on my "pick up" day at the time I ask.

    2) Yes. I am usually there at 6AM and there is almost no one else in the store. Shopping goes really fast when you have almost everything you want at the customer service desk, LOL!

    3) When you are new to it, just tell them that you want to pre-order so you aren't clearing any shelf on them...they are more than happy to accomodate you and are happy that they won't have as many rain checks to write. Also - as soon as you know what you want, get the call in quickly. Most stores need 3-4 days, but more time is always better.

    Good luck!
    Dannelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dannelle, I was wondering the same thing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!