My Copp's Trip: I Saved 101%

I kept it simple today because, I am all after Saturday morning and the DOUBLE Double Daze! Between Mom and I, we have 12 tranactions, ready to go...I will give you a full list later today.

So today...I loved the cheap detergent, killer price on ham and worked the deals for milk/catalinas. Just look:


Transaction #1
3 Taster's Choice single packs @$1.42
Tide Coldwater @$8.19 (sale for $3.99)
3 Post Fruit Pebbles @$3.99 (sale for $2.46 with the $5 off promo)
2 Buddig Beef @$.69 (sale for $.39)
Red Delicious Apples @$3.99 (sale for $.99)
Roundys eggs @$1.05 (hmmm-- they were supposed to be a one day sale and didn't come off!) - My fault, I bought medium instead of Large!!! See? It happens to the best of us, LOL!
Cooks Ham @$17.19 (sale for $8.72 - and Yes, I had them slice it for me ) .
Silk Fruit/Protein strawberry banana Drink @$2.49
--coupons used: Three $1/1 Post (from Walmart.com) - doubled), $1/3 Taster's Choice (doubled), $1/1 Silk (doubled), $2 Tide, two $2 Catalina's

Total $57.74 for $12.22 and I got back $2 Catalina from Taster's Choice, $2 Catalina for Pebbles cereal, $3.49 for milk for $4.74 OOP! Also a $1/3 Q prints off the coffee- so you can roll the deal!

Transaction #2
Tide Coldwater @$8.19 (sale for $3.99)
3 Post Fruit Pebbles @$3.99 (sale for $2.46 with the $5 off promo)
2 Buddig Beef @$.69 (sale for $.39)
Red Delicious Apples @$3.99 (sale for $.99)
Roundy's Skim Milk @$2.59
Roundy's eggs @$1.05 (Again, I goofed on the size)
2 Kraft Fresh Take Meal Kits (cheese/seasoning) @$2.99 (sale for $1.99)
--coupons used: Three $1/1 Post (from Walmart.com) - doubled), two $1/1 Kraft Fresh Take (doubled to $1.99), $2 Tide, $3.49 milk from Trans #1
Total $35.29 for $5.02 and I got back $2 Catalina for Pebbles cereal, $3.49 for milk AND a Market Research Survey for Meal Prep Kits $5.00 offer for a $5.47 MONEY MAKER!
 
Grand total today?
I was paid $.73 for $93.03 in groceries, saving 100.1%

It would have been a little better, had I grabbed the correct eggs. (((((sigh)))))
Quick Review
Taster's Choice Coffees - donate to Homeless program
Cereal - donate to the Food Pantry
Eggs - donate to the Food Pantry
2 Tides - donate to my brother
Buddig Beef - keep
Apples - keep
Silk - keep (smoothies?)
Milk - keep
Ham - keep = Easter Dinner

Then, I zipped over to Walgreen's.......... (next post)

Comments

  1. They wont slice bone in for me....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They should -- it has to be the meat counter, not the deli. You also have to do it earlier in the morning as they won't do it after they start working with raw meats like beef.
      :)

      Delete
  2. MaggieZ, they won't slice mine either. Which store did you go to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be interested to know what store tells you no.

    I have done it at EVERY store I shop and and have never had a problem or charge! Sentry Stores, HyVee, Copp's, Pick N Save, even Cub Foods did it!

    The only problem is the timing -- you have to be there early enough so they can do it, usually 9-10AM they stop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this list still good for Saturday?

    ReplyDelete
  5. No. Wednesday is the last day of our ads. I DO have my Double Double Day List up and am working on my Moms.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK. Maybe you can help me with this... The Janesville Pick N Save is considered outside of the Milwaukee region right? Is your store Milwaukee region or "other"? I have looked at the lists on pocket your dollars and I see where it says if you are outside of Milwaukee region then look at the previous weeks ad. But... No matter which ad I use there are always some items that are not on sale st my store. What am I missing?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @bugnmee88--

    I am NOT Milwaukee region -- my ad runs Thursday to Wednesday. PYD and the Milwaukee region are a little ahead of us: Sunday to Sat for the ads, which gives the rest of us a "sneak peek".

    Although Carrie's Rainbow stores are still in the Roundy's chain, their can be differences in the ads from Copps and PnS. Sometimes it is the name brands (I see it the most with the chicken). Sometimes it is the prices (which I have seen even between two different Madison stores so I think it is location/overhead,etc). Sometimes it is produce - they have a sale on Asparagus and we get a sale on broccoli, etc.

    In general, it's a great "sneak peek" but we always need to check our local ads for price verification
    :)
    Does that help?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!