It all started with one thing...

I saw these cute invitations on a clearance rack outside of JoAnne's Craft Store last year -
each pack of 8 was marked down to $.25 so I picked up all three packs.
I am a HUGE scrapbooker and could NOT have made invitations for $.03 each - with envelopes!

Right next to them was a stack of "Fake Barbies"
Also at $.25 each. I grabbed the last 12.
So, I am now thinking 12 little girls at the party...
Then.... I found these at Michael's Craft Store about a month later -
"Burger King"type crowns that are just waiting to be decorated.
2 packs of 12 at $.50 each.
I KNEW I had a TON of stuff
(glitter glue, self adhesive gems, markers and butterfly stickers)
to decorate them.
I have the bonus pack - JUST in case we have a Royal Crown Emergency.
Add some cake plates and napkins that my Mom found at Dollar General...

Some FREE rings from a Tupperware Leadership Event...

Clearance candy molds from Michael's...

And Princess Suckers from Big Lots for $.50 a pack...

Then, I used Vistaprint for FREE thank you notes (complete with envelopes)

That all adds up to a great collection for a Princess Birthday Party!

Now -- to get a tad more creative...
To packaged the rings I used toilet paper rolls, wrapped in patterned paper and
simply trimmed with ribbon and flowers.
Tuck a little tissue in there AND the ring ....
simply fold the edges over to make a "pillow box"


So...
I plan on mentioning on the invites that they wear their princess attire...
They decorate their own crowns...
Have parting gifts...
Have plenty of treats when I add the tiara sandwiches, princess punch and cupcakes...
And I will trim the party table out in the yards of FREE pink tulle I scored -
it will look similar to this picture that I saw from Tipjunkie on Pinterest
(less the cupcake megga display)
That's about $11 so far .. for a party of 12 girls.

Considering this party isn't until the middle of June -
I think we are doing OK, LOL!

I simply have a hard time looking at all the birthday parties where people
shell out HUNDREDS of dollars for a simple party.
Am I alone in thinking that it is simply absurd?

I have AMAZING memories of the very SIMPLE parties that my mom held for my birthdays - playing Pin The Tail on the Donkey, dropping clothes pins in the jug, etc.

I really think things can be fun and NOT break the bank.
:)

And yes, I have the next few years planned out -- we are looking at a Polka Dot birthday party,
a Rainbow birthday party and a Sleepover birthday party in our future, LOL!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!