DIY Thursday - Pomegranate Jelly

Here were my thoughts: if you can take grape juice and make grape jelly, why couldn't you take pomegranate juice and make pomegranate jelly?

Earlier this year I scored 16oz bottles of Pom for FREE. It was finally time to do something with them!
This is a SUPER easy recipe and turned out pretty yummy (I tested it!)

To make eight 8oz jars, You need:
5 cups of juice (2 1/2 bottles for me)
7 cups sugar
2 boxes Certo/Sure Jell

Put the juice and sugar in your pot and bring to a boil
Let boil a few minutes and then add the Sure Jell
Let boil 2-3 more minutes
Remove from the heat and put into your hot, clean jars
Then, put lids and rings on and move to your water bath.
That means slowly lower into a pot of boiling water that covers the
tops of the jars by at least one inch.
Boil for 10-15 minutes.
Remove from the heat and put onto your cooling rack
It hardly takes any time at all to hear the lovely "ping" of the jars sealing as they cool!
I made the recipe twice and have 14 8oz jars.
I should have had 16 but you should have seen what a complete klutz I was, LOL!
 
I knocked over a jar that was full and waiting for a lid, and,
I knocked over 3 jars that had already had their bath and lost the contents of one.
 (The other two needed new lids/bath)
 
I have already washed my floor and it's still sticky.
{sigh}
 
Now, keep in mind that I had all the jars/lids/rings -
got the juice FREE and it cost me $1.50 for each box of Sure Jell that I used (4).
My sugar was FREE when I bought 2 boxes of the Sure Jell.
That means that 14 jars of jelly cost me $6.00 or $.43 a piece.

Not bad!
Now, if you will excuse me, I have to go wash the floor again...
{sigh}

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!