Shopping So far This Month...


I went shopping this past weekend -- 15 items for $10.10.

I got:

1# split peas $1.69
11 Hormel Sandwich Makers* @$2.28
2 Boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix @$.67
Organic Chips for Miss Sarah @$2.99
-coupons used: (11) $1.00/1 Hormel, $10.00 HyVee Credit.

Final price: $10.10 -- I saved over $34.00 because the Hormel normally runs about $3.49 at my stores.

*I know -- eesh, right?

The hubster LOVES this kind of thing for work -
it doesn't need to be chilled, he just pops 2 buns in his lunch bag with it and a piece of fruit or some veggies...
they zap and are ready in less than minute...and each one makes two hot sandwiches. Sloppy Joe, Pulled Pork, Meatball and BBQ Chicken -- I got him a variety.

Between this, and the 20 Hormel Completes I got a few weeks back,
he is good to go through the end of May when you add in occasional leftovers.

The split peas are in the crock pot now -- with some of that 10# ham (that I got for under $2) from a few weeks back. We really made a lot out of it so far : baked ham dinner, scalloped potatoes with ham, ham and broccoli quiche, ham and cheese grilled sandwiches and now split pea soup!
I figure that I have enough left yet for omelette's and a great ham and potato soup...yum!
 
OK, back to the budget:
$25.00 for January (use it up month)
-$10.10 at HyVee on 1/5
$14.90 to go.

I know --- a big chunk out in the first week!
I have 2 gallons of Vanilla Soy Milk yet, 1 Gallon of Vanilla rice milk, and a little over 1 quart of cream - in addition to the gallon of flavored creamers for scontes. I will be making my own bread this month... we will eat a LOT of string cheese and yogurt out of the freezer so that $15 ish should go pretty far for eggs, sugar and milk (hubster hates soymilk)...I may cash in some Walgreen's points too - who knows.

:)

How has your month started off?

Comments

  1. Do you have a recipe for that potato and ham soup? I made me some split pea and ham soup the other night and just had some leftover for lunch. Delicious, IMO. My family doesn't tend to eat it though. They just aren't soup people.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!