More for the Princess Birthday Party...

There is no question that it is a special event when you have a munchkin - the birthday party!
A theme, invitations, guest list, cake, games and more are certainly standard elements. One thing that I find disturbing: a lot of parents take the party "out". Chucky Cheese, Gymfinity, etc are not only pretty darned expensive per child, it takes a lot of the cool memories out of the mix!

If your little one is like mine, they get a kick out of helping plan the event, right down to the goody bags. My sister gave me a couple of neat books:

The Penny Whistle Party Planner by Meredith Brokaw & Annie Gilbar and Birthday Parties by Vicki Lansky. Both books are great - there are a lot of great DIY ideas in them for a fun event!

This is the year of the Princess Party... I have already shared a few things about it HERE.

I whipped out a few additions lately - I tested the candy crowns and they work in the cupcakes the way I wanted them too! I also dressed up the plates...by punching holes in them and weaving ribbon through, like you can see in the picture.
:)

I still have the table cloths to finish, cake stands to make and then, there is the pair of thrones.

Games are done - and I have the crown cookie cutter for the sandwiches --- it's all coming together nicely!

What kind of birthday party are you planning next?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!