Grocery Shopping


This week the big sales were on juice and cereal.

We were already pretty stocked up on cereal but needed the juice! My juice goes twice as far as I cut it 50/50 with water for Sarah. I know I COULD buy "lite" juice, but they already cut it with water and then added fake sugars...eww! I get MORE juice for the same price my way and it is healthier for my little peanut.

First step - go to Cheerios.com and sign up for their weekly email/coupon blast.
You can get 2 coupons a week for $1 off of one box. (well, it's really ONE coupon that you print twice...) Add that to a few $.75 off one box and you are ready.

Copps lets you do two transactions back to back, so I split my cart in "half" while shopping...take that load out to the car and hit the store again. This helps you maximize the buy $25 and then take 5 coupons (up to $1 value) and double them on their super saver Wednesdays.

First transaction:
6 boxes cereal (I try to stay around $3 a box) , 1 package Keebler stripe it rich cookies, 2 packs Oscar Meyer wieners (stocking up for Sarah's puppy birthday party).
There was a buy 6 boxes of cereal - get $10 off instantly AND get a coupon for FREE milk promo, they doubled five coupons for $.75 and their was an in store coupon for the cookies to be only $.98 and the wienies were 2/$3. I didn't have coupons for the wieners...but am OK with that, LOL! All in all this load cost $7.67 and then I got the coupon for $3.25 off milk!

Second transaction:
This is what was on the other side of my cart; 6 bottles Welches grape juice (assorted flavors), 2 packs Roundy's English muffins and 1 gallon of milk.
The juice was $4.35 each, but buy 2 - get 1 free. I used 6 coupons for $1 and they doubled 5 of them-- which took $11 off. Even thought the milk was only $1.99 -- they took the entire $3.25 off with the coupon from transaction #1. English muffins were only $.98 each and I have English muffin pizzas on the agenda for next week - one of Sarah's favorites to make/eat!
All in all, this load cost $7.11 and then it was time to hit the car and unload.

Third transaction:
More juice. V8 Fusion was on sale and I had three $1 coupons...and grabbed another Welches deal with 3 more $1 coupons there! Add a loaf of bread, another package of $.98 Keebler cookies and 1 pack of English Muffins we ended up spending another $9.23

Grand Total: $88.35 of groceries for $24.01, a savings of 73% !!

2 bottles of juice will go to Preschool on Friday as we are snack helpers that day...the other 10 bottles (average cost about $1.05) should hold us for 8-10 weeks because it's like 20 bottles when you cut it with water!

I am still WELL within my $100 a month grocery budget -- I have $39 left! Let's see what next Wednesday's sales will bring.

Until next time - just keep in mind that coupon clippin' pays HUGE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!