I Love Walgreens


I do, really! They have sales specials, their own coupon book and Register Rewards!
I have already shared the link with you on my blog for my source of Walgreen deals - it's on the right side of my blog, and love it because they do sneak peeks for a few weeks ahead of time, list RR (Register Reward) offers and have coupon match-ups. One thing I do NOT like is the new link to BUY coupons from her that she recently added. You do NOT need to buy coupons!

That being said - here is what I am watching/stocking up on this week.
♥ Kotex U Tampon $3.49 Get $2.50 RR , LOL- not glamorous but a fact of life! There were coupons for $1 off on 4/18 so these become FREE. I have four coupons but, I have $16 in RR to use up from 2 weeks ago...what am I going to add? They have an in-ad coupon for Mandarin Oranges bringing them down to $.50 a can, limit of 4. This means four transactions over the week that look like this:
1 pack tampons, 4 cans oranges, use coupons and bring total down to $4.68. Use $4 RR and pay $.68, get $2.50 in RR back.

When all is said and done, I will have 4 boxes of tampons, 16 cans of oranges (Ms Sarah's favorite treat~!) and have $10 in RR to use in the next two weeks.

Now there seems to be a debate on the RR and how to use them. Some people have been able to take them to their grocery store and have them scanned in like coupons - the total comes off of their groceries! If they say "Walgreens" on them instead of "manufacturer" then that won't work.

I always seem to find something to roll them over to within two weeks and have never tried it at the grocery store like I already know what I am getting next week:
♥ Stayfree Maxi Pads 16 or 24 ct $2.99 get $3 RR, Again, not glamorous but I have four $2 coupons for them! Add Plackers Dental Flossers 90 ct $2 get $2 RR and I will have four transactions that cost me about $.50 each and turns my $10 in RR into $20! (Maybe it's time to finally take those to the grocery store, LOL!)

You can see why I love Walgreens! I have free toothpaste, feminine care items, shampoo, lotion, sunscreen, mouthwash, first aid kit stuff, cough syrup, and more all in my stockpile! Once you start the deals, they keep snowballing in your favor!
:)

Until next time, check out www.iheartwags.com for yourself and make your own list of freebies to score!

Comments

  1. I hit up Walgreens yesterday for the ink refill deal. $1 for a refill, color or black. Sent my bro in with the black, later went in to get the color filled. Now I have my printer ink refilled, and only spent $2. Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent deal Vanessa! They do that occassionally -- even their photo shop has awesome specials on prints!

    My printer uses 5 different ink carts so I didn't even look at that deal, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to love when they had the easy saver catalogs. I think they had better deals. I don't do the register rewards as much. Do they let you use previously earned register rewards in a transaction that you receive register rewards on the new transaction? I know they a few times if I used my gift card from the easy saver, I couldn't get RR. I never got into the RR because I figured it would be treated the same...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mickeyg -
    You can use RR on any tranaction over the next 14 days...if it has items in in that earned you the RR in the beginning, it won't print them out at the end of the transaction - example:
    This week I am getting the tampons and using old RR while paying - so I get the new RR after the transaction. THOSE RR will be used for the pads and flossers (great to have in a glove box!) when I check out and I will get NEW RR after that transaction.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!