Quick Accounting

I thought I would quickly crunch a few numbers for you (and me)!
This month, after getting paid by Tupperware and finishing fair booth fees and a team challenge payout, I had another $1,150 to add to my fund. I got $195 back from the first children's resale event (Just Between Friends) and $225 from the second one (Half Pint Resale). Add that to my total and I have $4,100 in the bank!
Not too shabby -- 1/10th the way to my goal and I started on March 1st -- so we are talking only eight weeks.

My summer fair/event stuff is all paid off and I will be collecting shift fees back from participating team members so more of my monthly bonus checks will be added to the account as the year progresses.
:)


Saving money??

I have kept with in my grocery budget for the month so far -- under $100!
4/7 - $7.53 just a few basics (milk, bread, eggs)
4/14 - $31.06 and I have $25 coming back! (canned goods, yogurt, etc)
4//21 - $35.44 and I stocked up on chicken and beef roast!

So far that is $74.03, or $49.03 if you add that $25 back into the mix that I am getting back by mail, LOL! That should get me REALLY far this Wednesday when I get Smoked sausage, fruit chillers, string cheese and laundry soap. I really think I will come in UNDER my $100 budget!

We DID eat out twice this month (once to that A&W)-- and hubby is still having his weekly Friday Fish dinners...if I add in this coming Friday that is $56 to eat out, a savings of $244 from our documented history of $300 a month.

Education for Sarah? This was the last month to pay for preschool - May is covered by the deposit from the beginning of the year. Next year is Kindergarten and that is FREE! That means I will be saving $130 a month thru the rest of the year. Yipee!

What you will see in the next few weeks:
-Monday Meal Plan -- I will list for the week what we are going to eat
-Garage Sale Mania! I have my annual Inventory Sale and have also added things that I have been slowly weeding thru that I do NOT plan to pack and take with me!
-Love the Library!
-My grocery store plan of attack, so you know in advance what I plan to get at the store
-More recipes!

I'm off for a "date night" with my hubby - we scored some free tickets to a dinner show! (Yes, I will be paying for a sitter tonight but think I came out ahead with free tickets worth $80)

Until next time - if you haven't done it yet, I challenge you to track YOUR expenses. You can't see where to save it if you don't know where it's going!
:)

Comments

  1. love your blog! i love frugal stuff although i am not so good at the couponing though. but getting better now that i feel better! i also like that you tell your plan ahead of time so the rest of us can get ideas, rather than after the fact, and we miss out! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correction -- the tickets were $85 each and the show was FANTASTIC!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!