Shopping Plan For This Week

I just LOVE my Sunday paper!
I peruse the sales fliers for the department stores, read local restaurant reviews, enjoy the funnies (and save them for child friendly wrapping paper), read book reviews and update my reading list. The list could just go on and on!

Jumping out at me were a few things like the fact that Aldi's has some GREAT deals that just jumped out at me - all on the front of their circular. Avocados for $.39 each, while everyone else has them for $1+, has my mouth telling me that it is time to make guacamole again. Add their prices on strawberries $1.19 and Roma tomatoes for $.99/pound and that will probably be my produce run for the week. I am thinking 6 avocados, 3# tomatoes, 5-6 packs of strawberries and 1-2 pineapples (same price as strawberries) and maybe a $.59 head of ice burg lettuce for some BLTs this week - I can use up 2# of the bacon that is safely tucked into my chest freezer for safety. It might be time to test out that "magic bullet" that I scored at a garage sale last summer for $1 and try quick smoothies!

Next is my plan of attack for Copp's this week. I checked out my link on here to the Roundy's store deals and came up with this:

Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage $2.50** I will get four of these, we use 1/2 for a red beans and rice dinner, so this will cover 8 meals!
Buy 2 and use $1/2 from 4/18 Red Plum insert
Final price: $1.50 each after doubled coupon

Dairy Case/Refrigerated Deals
**NEW** Dole Sensation Natural Lemon Lime or Watermelon Juice $2.49
Use $1/1 from 4/18 Red Plum insert Final price: $0.49 each after doubled coupon

String Cheese (6oz package) $1.00 These freeze nicely, I will get 5-10 packs!
Sale price, no coupon needed
Final price: $1.00 after sale**

Del Monte Fruit Cups or Chillers** I have multiple coupons for this! $2.19
Use $1/1 from 4/18 Red Plum insert or $1/1 Fruit Chillers printable for Internet Explorer or for Firefox
Final price: $0.19 after doubled coupon

Kellogg’s Cereal $2.29 ** You can get a FREE reusable bag when you have 2 Kellogg's UPCs.
Use $1/1 Special K Low Fat Granola, Raisin Bran Extra or Frosted Mini Wheats Little Bites from 3/28 Red Plum insert or $1/1 All Bran from April All You magazine
Final price: $0.29 after doubled coupon

Roundy’s White Bread $0.38 (Limit 2)***looks like time to make a few breakfast casseroles for the freezer!Use in-ad coupon to get sale price
Final price: $0.38 after coupon

While this is a good deal -- I still have PLENTY of cereal in my stash -- I don't need more when I already have 25 boxes for the three of us, LOL
Buy 6 boxes of General Mills Cereal at regular price and get $10 off instantly at check out and a coupon for a gallon of milk free and 1 dozen eggs free
Buy 6 and use any of the following coupons:
Total varieties: Use $0.75/1 from 3/28 Smartsource #2 insert
Fiber One varieties: Use $0.75/1 from 4/18 Smartsource insert
Chocolate Cheerios: Use $0.50/1 from 4/18 Smartsource insert or
$1/1 Multigrain Cheerios printable, $1/1 Total printable, $1/2 General Mills printable, $1/2 General Mills printable (Firefox) or $1/2 General Mills printable (Internet Explorer), $0.50/1 Chocolate Cheerios printable, and on Coupons.com, Smartsource.com BettyCrocker.com, BoxTops4Education.com, EatBetterAmerica.com and Pillsbury.com.
Final price: Varies

Dawn Dish Liquid $1.00
Use $0.50/1 from 4/4 Proctor & Gamble insert
Final price: Free after coupon

Reynold’s Recycled Foil $1.99
Use $1/1 Reynold’s printable after registering or $1.25/1 Reynold’s Recycled printable after registering on their site or $0.75/1 from 3/21 Smartsource insert
Final price: As low as free after doubled coupon

Purex Laundry Soap $3.19 ** I have six coupons for this and the timing is perfect- I was almost out!Use $1/1 Purex Naturals printable (if included in sale)
Final price: $1.19 after doubled coupon

Cottonelle Bath Tissue $4.98 (Limit 2 between Cottonelle Bath Tissue, Wipes and Viva Paper Towels)...Use in-ad coupon to get sale price
Plus, use $1/1 Cottonelle from April All You magazine or
Plus, use $0.50/1 from 3/14 or 4/18 Smartsource inserts or $0.50/1 Cottonelle printable or from Smartsource
Final price: As low as $2.98 after doubled coupon**
**This is a fantabulous price so stock up

SOOo....$6 for meat, free juice, Free dish soap, $1 packs of string cheese, $.19 Fruit Chillers, almost free cereal with a free "green" bag, 2 loaves of bread for under a buck, Free dish soap, free foil, laundry detergent and the ever needed TP. It roughly comes to $32 out of pocket -- I might add in a few things like eggs and milk, and still have to crunch the transactions to hit the $25 before doubling...add the roughly $10 I will spend at Aldi's and I have kept it to $100 for the month!

I hope that me, showing you my grocery store strategy over the past month has helped show you that you CAN get a lot of stuff for your family for a lot less than you need to pay for it - we have done everything from dairy, meat, produce, paper goods, feminine care, detergents and more...all for an average savings of 75% off.

Does it pay to clip coupons? You bet
:)

Comments

  1. Aldi's was a little disappointing - I only took one pack of strawberries home as the rest all had MOLD in them! The Roma tomatoes were still that pale orange (not ripe) - so we passed on those too. I DID get some blue corn tortilla chips for our nacho supper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok - I spent $5 at Aldi's and the rest of the money at Copps this week!
    I pretty much got what I mentioned that I would --(in four tranactions) and ended up with $150.23 for $41.57, a savings of 72%.
    :)
    Add that $41.57 and $5 -- for $46.57 this week and I came in at under $100 for the month!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!