Today's Shopping Trip

First of all, a few things:

1) I was talking with a fellow megga couponer and she didn't know about the All You magazine. You can get it at Walmart or have it delivered, and each issue has $80-115 of coupons in it! You can sign up on their website for a subscription and, while you are there, check around! They have a nice site and some online only printables. www.allyou.com I usually get two magazines a month so I can double my fun
:)

2) The local dollar store! Did you know that a lot of them carry Sunday newspapers? Our local Sunday paper goes for $2 - SO, those weeks you want additional issues (megga coupon insert weeks), I can get a few papers for half price! They get them in around 9AM and they are usually gone by 11...it's worth a call to see if YOUR store has them
:)

NOW, lets talk about today's grocery run!

Four transactions today to capitalize on the double coupon day!

Transaction #1
-General Mills cereal was on sale for $2 a box, so I got 6 boxes
-Rotel Tomatos on sale for $1, I got 3 cans
-Cascade Action packs for the dishwasher on sale for $4.29
Coupons: $1 off 3 for the tomatoes (doubled), six (four doubled)$1 cereal coupons and $2 off the Cascade
------>total out of pocket $5.53

Transaction #2
-4 Ceasar Dog food @$.99 B1G1 unadvertised special (I use this as a treat for my lab)
-Rotel Tomatos on sale for $1, I got 3 cans
-Hunts diced tomaatoes on sale for $1, I got 6 cans
-Hunts Snack Pack Pudding on sale for $1, I got 6 (Hubby's lunches)
-dryer sheets no on sale for $3.99
-YoPlus 4 pack $2.59
Coupons: B1G1 Ceasar dog food (I got 2 for free and was paying for 2, so now I got 4 cans for the price of 1), $1 off 3 for the tomatoes (doubled), two $1 off 3 pudding coupons (doubled), two $1 off 3 for the Hunts tomatoes (doubled), $3 off the Snuggle dryer sheets, FREE YoPlus coupon.
------>total out of pocket $6.38 ****BUT, there is a ConAgra offer out there where you purchase $10 in items and get $25 back!! The tomatoes and pudding count so I am actually getting paid $18.62 to take this transaction home!

I take this all out to the car and start with the next load...

Transaction #3:
-Oreos $3.19 (Hubby's lunches)
-Chips Ahoy $2.99...my guilty pleasure...
-1 gallon milk @$1.88
-2 lunchables @$1 (Hubby's lunches)
-2 always infinity @$4.59
-2 always ultra @5.99
-2 always liners @$3.19
-8 Yoplait @.50
Coupons: Always B1G1 Infinity, Always Infinity $2, Always Ultra B1G1, Always Ultra $1 (doubled), Always liners B1G1, Always liners $1 (doubled), Lunchables $1 (doubled), Yoplait $1 off 8 (doubled), Chips Ahoy free with cookie and milk purchase, Chips Ahoy $1 (doubled)
------>total out of pocket $12.84

Transaction #4:
-Oreos $3.19
-Chips Ahoy $2.99
-1 gallon milk @$1.88
-2 El Monterey Tornados @$2.49 (hubby's late night snack)
-Wholly Guacomoly Dip @$2.99 (I use this as "mayo" for turkey sadwiches)
-4 Kraft Shredded Cheese @$1.66 (it's almost lasagna time again!)
-Dananimals yogurt @$2.00
-Dano @$2.00
-Clearance Easter Grass @$.25
Coupons: Danno Yogurt $1(doubled), Dannon Yogurt $1 (doubled), two Kraft $1/2 (doubled), Chips Ahoy free with cookie and milk purchase, Chips Ahoy $1 (doubled), wholly guacamoly $1.50, Tornados B1G1

------>total out of pocket $10.69

Final Result $142.78 of groceries for $35.44 out of pocket today and I get that $25 rebate, bringing my total to 10.44 OR a savings of 92.7%

Comments

  1. thats is great! do u go to your car after every transaction n come back in for more transactions? why not just say u have 4 seperate transactions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT question Karen!
    Most stores will let you do two transactions per cart. I divide my cart in half and have each transaction pre-sorted for checkout. I put one load on the belt and grab one of those divider thinggies to separate it from the next load.

    I check both loads out separatly but they both go back into the one cart. Cart goes back to car and I come in for #3 and #4. SOOOOO, I only make a car trip per every two transactions.

    If you are doing this -- you need to remember to do the canned/boxed stuff first THEN go back for frozen/dairy as it is getting warmer with summer almost here (unless you keep a cooler in the car).
    :)
    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!