Easy Peasy Beef Tostadas!

A few weeks back, I had a killer migraine and Mom & Pop came to the rescue. Sarah and I were whisked away to their house so I could recoup from the Morphene shot and my kiddo wouldn't be unsupervised.

Pop was making his Tostadas for dinner -- I don't remember much about that evening but DO remember that heavenly smell! Here is his recipe, we recreated is for dinner this week and it tasted as good as I remember it smelling! I couldn't eat Pop's because I was so sick...but it sure made my mouth water, LOL!

First, you pan fry some tortillas in hot oil to make them crispy and dry them on paper towels to catch the extra grease.

While they are cooling, cook off some ground beef and drain the fat. Add a can of petite diced tomatoes, small can of green chilis, can of refried beans and a can of refried black beans. Add a little water and stir in a packet of taco seasoning. Let simmer so all the flavors can "marry" each other.

Chop lettuce, tomato, onion, green pepper - whatever you like for toppings. We kept it simple with just lettuce.

Frost the crispy shell with the meat mix, top with grated cheese and then build your salad on top of it.


We sprinkled a bit of taco sauce on top and dug in. Guess what? It was as tasty as I remembered it smelling, LOL!

You COULD pre prep this to save a bit of time for those evenings you are in a rush...precook the tortillas, they will keep. Make the meat mix ahead of time, etc and there is no rule that you have to use ground beef! You could do shredded chicken, ground turkey - even pulled pork!

We hope you like it as much as we did!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!