Garage Sale Recap

Two and a half days of fun are over! Chatting with people I haven't seen in a while, meeting new people and sending my stuff to new homes all while making money.

Unsold items?
The left over Tupperware was re boxed and will get dusted off before the weekend in May when I have a mall cart as part of a multi vendor event. The NON-Tupperware items were boxed up (what little there was!) and already taken over to the Madison house and put in the garage for the neighborhood sale at the end of June. I fully expect that pile to grow over the next eight weeks as I will have gone through my entire attic by then and played the "keep it, pack it or pitch it" game, LOL!

The final total of my sales --> $1,541.25

I know that is a good chunk of change, but I am basically a lazy person, and that was a lot of hard work! Hours of sorting, pricing and organizing, then 22 hours + manning the sale, not to mention any baking for cookies, etc to sell... There were easily 50 hours involved which boils down to about $30 an hour. In my world of Tupperware, I make $150-200 for ONE AVERAGE PARTY! I could make the same amount of money in HALF the time, and be getting paid to eat, drink and tell bad jokes, LOL! The PLUS side, I have a lot less stuff in my house...think how much you could fit into your own car -- I had that and more which all was $2 or less.

OK, back to the money: $1,000 of that will go right into the savings account! $500 is marked for summer fun - our Branson trip, Dells adventure and spoiling the Chernobyl girl (another story for another day...) and to hit a few summer garage sales (I have a list of things Sarah will be needing for fall and the new house). The $41.25 goes to my hubby -- we are going out for dinner tonight as a family, to a place he picks and he gets to keep the change, LOL! (Aren't I nice to him??)
:)

OK, I will be working on stuff to add to the next sale -- my goal is at least one box a week! I will fill you in on the results of the NEXT sale when that time comes.

Turning your stash into cash - such a great idea and it makes you realize that simplicity really is king: we can easily live with less. Have you looked around your home? Is there a growing pile of stuff that you simply don't or won't use? Price it, box it and pop it into your garage...when that one box has a few friends, put the signs out and cash in
:)

Happy Sunday!

Comments

  1. i wish i lived closer cuz i would sure love to throw my lot in and help you stand around and chat

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!