Today's Grocery Store Run

I wan't overly thrilled at the sales this week so I only did one transaction and found myself pulling things out of the new coupon book too. I added a few things I needed to make those breakfast cookies I talked about and this is what I got:

-3 Deli Creations @2.00 (were 2.69) - for hubby's lunch
-1 Rhodes rolls ($2.49)
-2 loaves white bread ($1.19)
-Capri Sun @$2.39
-Canola Oil ($3.29)- not on sale but I needed it!
-Skippy PB @$2.19
-Diamond Almonds @$2.19
-5 Gerber Baby Food @$1.00
-Skim Milk @$2.09
-1 Armour Maple sausage @$1.50

From the Bulk Food section:
-Jumbo dried Apricots $.81
-Craisins $1.62

Coupons used:
From the coupon book:
.61 off both loaves of bread, .52 off the Skippy, .63 off the Armour sausage and >20 off the baby food.
THEN...$1 off the Capri Sun (doubled), Rhodes $1 (doubled), 3 Deli Creations $1 (doubled) and $1 off canola oil (not doubled)

Grand total:
$16.50 out of pocket for $34.02 in groceries...that means I saved 51%.


Not very good compared to my other trips BUT I picked up what I needed to make a big batch of those breakfast cookies which will replace about 10 boxes of cereal that I am not buying.

$100 for the month
-14.73
----------
$85.27 (as of week one)
-18.62
----------
$66.65 (as of week two)
-$16.50
-$2.53 from Target
----------
$47.62 left!
This is good as I am going to need dog and cat food next week...

Next time I am at the store I will buy two $25 gift cards...then turn around and use them to shop - this will double my fuel perks rewards, but that is another story!

How is YOUR grocery budget going?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!