Tuna Pasta Salad

I had mentioned a few weeks back that I was stocking up on a bit of seafood because I feared that big gulf oil spill would slowly drive prices up. Using some of my free Albacore tuna I made a pasta salad this week - it is SUPER easy and great for those beastly hot days.

I use Miracle Whip because I like the slight "zing" that it adds - you will see it on sale this week and next for $1.99 or less as grill out season approaches. If you choose to use regular mayonaise, add a little garlic powder and maybe Parmesean cheese.

Dannelle's Tuna Pasta Salad
In a large bowl combine:
1 box bow tie pasta cooked off, rinsed and drained.
4 ounces Albacore tuna mixed with 1 cup of Miracle Whip
4 ounces cheddar cheese, diced
1/2 small onion, finely diced
1 stick celery, finely diced
1/4 pound frozen peas, rinsed until thawed
2 tablespoons of dill weed

Stir it all together and chill overnight for the flavors to blend. You *may* have to add 1/4 to 1/2 cup Miracle Whip when ready to serve as the noodles absorb a bit of it. Frozen peas are MUCH better than canned for holding up and that bright color, and go with a cheddar cheese that is a bit on the sharp side. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!