Free Fruitista With a Side of Attitude

In last Sunday's paper, there were coupons from Taco Bell for Free Limeaid and Free Fruitista Chillers. If you have been following my blog, you know that I got four papers and that means four sets of these coupons. Today, we went to the local Taco Bell drive through with two coupons, thinking we would have a cool treat on this hot day.

I placed my order for the two Strawberry Margarita Fruitistas over the speaker system and said that I had the coupons...I was told right away only one per visit. I said "OK, but there are two of us in the car and the coupon says one per person..."

It was quiet for a bit and then I hear "fine. Pull ahead".

When we got to the window, there were three people at the window, the person who took my coupons promptly handed them over to the very visible "manager in charge" who started to scrutinize them. Noting like feeling you are being accused of passing forged currency, LOL!

They must have decided to take them because they started making the drinks. The machine was freezing up and barely spitting out the slushie mix on the second drink - that manager came back over and whipped it under the strawberry mix, put the top on and said "there, why waste time on a non paying customer". (or pretty close to it, my lip reading is a little rusty).

I gave Sarah the one that was about 60% strawberry because I wanted to see what they really were supposed to taste like.

Here is the rub: they were friggin' awesome and I am now hooked! It might just be my "go to" drink on a hot day...just one problem: I don't want to go back to our local Taco Bell again, LOL! I will drive into Madison from now on.

The funny thing is, we LOVE Taco Bell! Nachos Bell Grande, Apple Empinadas, Chili Cheese Burritos, Chicken Quesadillas and more...I have spent more than I should have over the last ten years at that particular store.

I understand that Corporate might put coupons out that the local franchises aren't too happy to redeem, but they do it for a reason - to tease a customer into trying something that they might not have otherwise tried. I would NOT have bought one before, and am thinking how to work it into my monthly budget now, LOL!

In the world of Tupperware, we do free replacements. Some end up just being a parts call, but some do lead to parties or even a new consultant! Customer service is all in the little details...it comes back to you. I hear stories of consultants that refuse to take someone's broken items. I service them and guess what? I end up with a grateful customer who refers me to their friends.

OK, off my soap box for now. I just need to create my own version of their drink - and when I do, I will share the recipe, LOL!

Comments

  1. where was that coupon at I didn't see any in my paper.. I feel jipped

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunday, June 6th, they had a whole Taco Bell add with 8 coupons on it - 4 for the Fruitistas and 4 for the Limeade ones

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm darn it I think that paper is already gone.. geez

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!