This Week's Grocery Run

Here was a BIG week - I spent almost half my monthly budget! EEK! But I stocked up on toilet paper, napkins, yogurt, cereal and frozen juice! This week there are only 2 transactions as they let us double up to TEN coupons per transaction today (yeah!)
NOW, at MY Roundy's store, we get to use the original shelf price to figure out our $25 before the coupons get doubled, I know some stores work off the SALE prices. I will have the sale prices listed and the original prices in ( ). What I actually got FREE is marked with *

Transaction #1
Dawn Dish Soap @$1.29 (1.39)
5 Kellogg's Cereal @ $1.99 (3.59)
Marcal TP @$5.99 (6.75)
2 Marcal Napkins** @$2.00 (2.35)
4 Old Orchard Juice @$1 (1.69)
Kraft 100 cal chunk cheese* @2.69 (2.79)
4 YoCrunch Yogurt @2.50 (2.99)
----Now, it's time for the coupons!
Store coupon for the Dish Soap that takes .42 off, Add two $1 off 2 Kellogg cereal coupons (doubled), $.70 off cereal (doubled),$.25 off Dawn (doubled), three $1 off Marcal (doubled), two coupons for $1 off 2 for YoCrunch (doubled), $1 off 4 juice (doubled), and the cheese was free -- $2.79 off.
*****Spent $17.23 out of pocket, saved $35.03

Transaction #2
5 Kellogg's Cereal @ $1.99 (3.99)
2 Crystal Light @$2 (2.99)
3 Chunky Soups @$1.25 (1.99) for hubby's lunch
4 Van De Kamps pork N beans**** @$.50 (.95)
4 Red Barron Sliced Pizza*** @$2.10 ($4.19) for hubby's lunch
ground beef $5.77 (8.57)
1 gallon milk @2.19
6 YoCrunch Yogurt @2.50 (2.99)
----Now, it's time for the coupons!
Store coupon for the milk that takes .21 off, Add two $1 off 2 Kellogg cereal coupons (doubled), $.70 off cereal (doubled), $1 off Van De Kamps (doubled), $1 off Crystal Light (doubled),$1 off 3 Chunky Soup (doubled), three coupons for $1 off 2 for YoCrunch (doubled), $1 off the Red Barron (doubled), and then two $1.50 off Red Barron and a $2 off Red Barron.

*****Spent $27.93 out of pocket, saved $53.73!

---I DID have more coupons for the YoCrunch, but didn't want to be too piggy - I was taking 10 four packs already...besides, the Yoplait Delites are on sale starting tomorrow and I can get them FREE. I left the other YoCrunch coupons there for future shoppers to enjoy. :)

Grand total: Spent $45.16, got $133.92 in groceries --> saved 66.3%!

I figure that the average box of cereal was $3.75 and I got it for about $.90 a box, under my $1 per box price. I am not set for a few weeks on yogurt and

*******NOW, what to do with some of this?
I was going to go with the boneless skinless chicken breasts but did the ground beef instead. The ground beef will get 5 meals for the three of us:
-Hamburgers on the grill (using the buns from last week)
-Calico Beans (using those free beans from today)
-Beef Enchiladas (using the last of my free tortillas)
-Tacos
-Sloppy Joes
Feel Free to check my ground beef post a few months ago, there are a LOT of ideas on there!

Here is my math for June:
$100
-13.92
------------
86.08 (after week 1)
-45.16
------------
40.92 to go!

See, this is SOOOOO do-able! Make a budget and then YOUR plan of attack!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!