Another Garage Sale...ugh!

After all the talk about "simplifying" ...last week was a trifecta of stupidity!

1)My mom and I participated in the local neighborhood garage sale

2)My big Sis and her hubby came up from Topeka for a visit

3)My hubby's Uncle and wife came from Minnesota for a visit

The dumb part was organizing and prepping a sale while prepping for two separate family visits! I ADORE my big sissy and really should have had more time to just "be" with her, but she did get a great insight of how cool a kid my little bugaboo really is. They swam, we swam with the Aunt & Uncle and we sold crap at the sale, LOL!

Seriously, after day one - Mom and I were at just over $100 between the two of us! We both snuck out to other garage sales and she spent more than she made and I spent about $9. (I did score some cool dinosaurs, 3 separate Halloween costumes and some nice books...)

We decided not to do day two, and just box up our leftovers for tax donations. SO, we had a great dinner out on Friday (gotta take the Kansas folks to a Wisconsin Fish Fry...) and great day "off" on Saturday!!

What was really cool - was Mom and Brenda getting to know each other better (my sis and I have different Mom's). They are both the best ladies I know - and it's great that they like each other so much!

OK -- I *MIGHT* have another sale in the fall -- in Sun Prairie, during city wide. Then again, I might not, LOL!

You can see my Mom, Big Sis and Sarah all enjoying breakfast!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!