Magazine Challenge is Over!

For those interested, ALL YOU magazine did a 30 day Grocery Challenge that I participated in. We were allowed $25 per person per week for food shopping. We were to be judged on keeping our budget (50%), meal planning creativity (25%) AND how healthy our choices were (25%).

The challenge is over and the form sent in for review. If I am one of the 10 finalists, I get a $200 grocery card AND have to submit my grocery receipts for scrutiny. If I am the winner, I get a $1,000 card!

This was VERY fun as it gave me MORE money for the month ($300) than I had been spending ($100) AND I didn't have to include personal care items or pet food like I had been!

Three times the budget for the same amount of time - AND we could use our stockpile! My grand result?

I spent $64.52.

This falls under my normal budget of $100, but that also included personal care and pet items. This challenge DID get me to become a little more creative with our meals instead of being in the “same old rut” that is so easy to fall into. I used my stock pile, occasional food swapping and took better advantage of leftovers. During this challenge period I also brought items to parties, packed a lot of food for the family vacation and had fun letting my 4 year old daughter help.

This has been a lot of fun to participate in and we will see how I place!

Meal plan Monday's will be back and we will share more fun tips!
=)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!