Walgreen's Score!

First of all, a huge thank you to my big sister who sent me a bajillion Butterfinger coupons that give me $1 off 2 candy bars!

Today was a quick stop at Wags! I came home with 20 Butterfinger candy bars, 3 packs of erasers and a pack of the G2 pens. Grand total spent? $.46

The candy bars said $.89 each on the shelf price but are marked 2/$1 on the actual packages. This week, with the in flier coupon, they are on sale for $.39 (limit of 6), the July coupon book had a $1 off coupon for the pens (that were on sale for $1.19) and the erasers were $.29 in the flier.

Here is how I worked the coupons. NORMALLY the candy bars were $.50 EACH. I had ten coupons for $1 off 2 candy bars and handed those over first. Then I gave the $1 off the pen and then the tear out for stacking the Butterfinger sale.

I saved $16.49 ...tack another $7.80 on to it if you count the shelf price on the candy bars for a total of $24.29.

I have plenty more of the candy bar coupons and will stop back there again on Saturday as it becomes a money maker (getting $.11 back for each candy bar bought)!

I might get 6 candy bars and a can of peaches - they are on sale for $.69 so it would cost me $.03 for the transaction and then I would repeat it a few times!

WHAT will I do with all those Butterfinger Candy Bars?
I will share a bunch of Butterfinger recipes for you tomorrow -- they are the reason why I now have 20 candy bars in my freezer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!