Back in the Saddle Again!

I have a confession: I haven't gone grocery shopping in almost three weeks!

The week before vacation I didn't want to stock up on stuff that we wouldn't get to while we were gone...during vacay I had packed a lot of stuff to take with us for breakfast/lunches and we were treated to dinner every night. We are home and, after cleaning out the fridge - it looked a bit empty!

What a perfect time to get back in the saddle - and routine of pouring over the sales specials, matching up with coupons and making a list! It doesn't hurt that tomorrow is DOUBLE double coupon day - so they will double TEN $1 or less coupons with a $25 purchase...since they work on original shelf price, I am ready to SCORE tomorrow!

Here is an example of one of my four (yes, four) transactions for tomorrow: Lawrey's marinades are on sale for $2.39 (from 3.49). I will get ten of them for a total of $23.90 - THEN, I will hand over ten coupons for $1 off, that will be doubled and my total comes down to 3.90 - add a $3.50 Walgreen's register reward that I have to use up and I will get all ten bottles for $.40 ! oops - make that $.35 because I will get a nickle back for bringing my own bag, LOL! A variety of flavors to enhance future chicken dishes - yum! (Thanks Brenda for the coupons!) That makes a savings of 99% - ya gotta love that!!!
=)

One transaction will be using the Kellogg's deal where I will get $10 back at the end of the transaction so I will end up getting paid $5 to bring home 10 boxes of cereal...one will be all about the Conagra items on sale which gives me a $5 cash back AND a mail in rebate offer! Yes...I really enjoy making my plan of attack!
=)

I will share my list of spoils tomorrow and the final result...if the juice I have coupons for goes on sale - that could add 2 more transactions and 20 bottles of juice to my house, LOL!

Some people say coupon clipping doesn't pay...those people have never tried it, LOL!

Comments

  1. You can use Register Rewards at Copps? I'm confused??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Lacy - they are manufacturers coupons - it's printed right on the top. Wags would love you to them there, but you can take them anywhere
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never paid attention to that. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!