Killing the gym membership!

My hubby is pretty lucky - the company he works for made a trade agreement (free/reduced cost of commercials) so all of their employees can have a free membership. I decided to join that club a few years ago so we could be work out buddies while our peanut was in the free childcare area. Only one problem occurred: he stopped going!


I was going by myself, had worked things out with a personal trainer and was doing pretty well, until I fell on those concrete stairs last summer. It's amazing how broken ribs hurt! A few months off and then, just as I was getting back into the routine of regular workouts, I had that fall on New Year's eve and broke my arm. (yes, it is a good thing that my new house is basically just one level!)


The nice thing about the club is the simple fact that you can bring in your doctor note and be credited for the time you couldn't use...while my membership ends officially in September, I will have 12 more months to use it. That means 3 months of this year that I won't be paying $42 -- I just saved $126.


I don't think I would ever join another gym -- it's amazing what you can do with just walking. Almost ever magazine I have seen during the last few months touts the amazing effects of a walking plan! I can walk out side, inside on my treadmill (if I ever find it under that mountain of clothes...) or even at the Mall.

There is also the swimming pool. I have taken enough water aerobics classes to know what kind of moves are beneficial and can simply just swim laps.


I think that takes care of my last "monthly payment" item...it's a nice service of companies to offer - automatic deduction - but it shrinks your spendable cash faster than you can imagine!


What auto payments do you have going? When do they end - do you know? When that money comes available, stick that same monthly amount into your savings or on that credit card balance - it is money you aren't used to having and can add up pretty fast!
Hugs-
Dannelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!