Meal Plan Monday!

After a long week of being sick and pretty much on a liquid diet - I am looking forward to a week of real food!

Here is how I do my meal planning.
1) I grab the calendar and see where we are for the week and what we are doing so I don't plan a meal for a night we are at a friend's party or working.
2) I grab the freezer list so I know what ** and *** items need to be used.
3) I look at the last 2 weeks so I don't feed my family the same thing, week after week.

That's it!

Here is my plan of attack:

Breakfast is usually the same:
French toast, fruit crepes, Breakfast Cookies, cold cereal* or oatmeal* with a piece of fresh fruit (apple, strawberries, grapes or banana) or homemade cereal bars as we have a LOT of cereal right now.

Lunch is either:
leftovers, peanut butter* & jelly sandwiches, quesidillas, or cold plate with sausage or diced chicken - cheese* - crackers* & fresh fruit or yogurt.

Dinner:
Monday - Team award dinner, some kind of steak I'd bet!
Tuesday - Grilled dinner: smoked pork tenderloin, herbed rice and creamed peas, cracked wheat rolls
Wednesday - Meatless Night: spaghetti bake!
Thursday - BBQ Chicken Pizza...yum!
Friday - Eating at my Mom's, unknown menu. This is the day I have a bunch of pre-surgery tests done so I won't really be "with it".
Saturday - Lasagna Rolls with garlic bread
Sunday - Dinner party ala BBQ style! (I am catching up on team recognition!)

I--> challenge you to grab your calendar, check your stockpile and create your menu for your family this week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!