Planning the next shopping trip!

I took a peek at Pocketyourdollars.com to see what is hitting our ad this Thursday for Copp's...and,I wasn't really excited.
(sigh)
Between the new coupon book and the new flier, I see very little that screams "take me home". Our freezer is still full of meat, we have plenty of juice, cereal, canned goods, personal care items, etc. I really need to cook and use things up!
=)

They do have the cereal deal again where you get milk, eggs and $10 back when you buy 6 boxes...always a good deal! You can end up getting the cereal free!

I did like the $1 chunk cheese (8oz) and will stock up as there is no limit (but not clear the shelves)...it is better for shredding and putting into soups than buying the already shredded, which never melts down nicely. I also like the "Meal Deal" that they are offering - it makes me think that it's time for some yummy beef stew! I might have to get 2 of these deals when I go to use up my coupons that are for FREE items and expire on the 31st.

Meal Deal:
Buy 1 USDA Choice Black Angus Beef Boneless Chuck Roast for $2.99/lb., Get 1 Bag of Russet Potatoes (5 lb.), 1 Bag of Carrots (1 lb.) and 1 Celery Free (Limit 1)
Final price: As low as $8.97**
**My buy price for most meat is $1.99/lb.The veggies are worth $4.77 at Rainbow (or $3.77 at Aldi this week). Therefore, a roast up to 4.75 pounds along with the free veggies would fall within my buy range.

I might stock up on Peaches and Plums...dice and freeze them. My godmother (rest her soul) had a yummy jam she always spoiled me with called "4P". It had peaches, pears, plum and pineapple...an amazing combo of flavors for a yummy treat! It has been over a dozen years since I have tasted this -- I think it is time to whip up a batch.
=)

No real need for me to go on double coupon day - Everything I am going to get is on sale or free because the coupon says FREE on it, LOL!

I know this sounds funny - but it really is a perk of the Stockpile System - you don't have to get the same things every week...you can be picky about what is on sale and what you want to bring home.

I did check out Aldi's, Cubb's and Target for their specials and think we are just getting what I already mentioned this week. How about you? What is on your grocery list as a "must have"?

Comments

  1. I GOT A PRETTY GOOD TRIP THIS SATURDAY.I WENT AND GOT 6 CEREALS(4 TOTAL 3.29 AND 2 CHEERIOS 2.89)GETTING AND OVERAGE OF 2.06 I USED A COUPLE OF MY FREE PRODUCTS COUPONS TO REACH THE 25.00..SO I GOT THAT FREE! PLUS SOME BANANAS, 2 PEPPERS AND 2 AVOCADOS! AND GOT A COUPON FOR 3.25 ON MILK AND 1.75 ON EGGS. REPEATED THE GENERAL MILLS DEAL WITH COCOA PUFFS!..GOT 6 BOXES FOR 1.86! PLUS THE SAME COUPONS MENTIONED ABOVE..I MIGHT GO BACK ON WEDNESDAY TO REPEAT THE COCOA PUFFS..MY DAUGHTERS CAN GO THROUGH ONE OF THESE IN 2 DAYS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAY TO GO!!!

    I aleady hit it once for the meal deal, and have to blog that yet, but will go back on Wednesday with the coupons from my 6 papers this Sunday
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOUR PLAN!! CAN'T WAIT.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!