Today's Grocery Run - 6 transactions~!

What a score - bags and bags of stuff for a fraction of the cost! I ended up with $227.23 in groceries for just $15.22 today! I hope that sentence alone was enough for you to keep reading this VERY LONG POST (sorry!)

I LOVE double double coupon days at Copp's and this time, finally, there were great sales to go with it! SIX different transactions meant 3 trips inside the store: for the first two, it was all about cereal. I got 20 boxes today. I know what you are thinking: "TWENTY BOXES??? Is she NUTS?" You haven't seen my husband eat cereal, LOL. 20 boxes will last MAYBE two months. (sigh)Transaction 3 was about the conagra deals and #4 was all about Lawrey's Marinades. I had to go back for a 5 and 6 as the Ocean Spray version of V8 Fusion was on sale for $3.09 - and I had $1 coupons. We now have 22 bottles of juice...which I KNOW we will go through and you will see a separate post about later. I did have $9.50 in Walgreen's Register Rewards that I used this time, plus my coupons - Here is my breakdown:

Transaction #1
10 asst boxes of Kellogg's Cereal@ $2.50
1 bottle of Ocean Spray (OS) juice@ $3.09.
That's it, LOL!

Coupons: 8 coupons for $1 off one cereal (all doubled), 1 for $1 off 2 boxes (doubled), $1 off OS(doubled). then I added $4 in RR and got $.05 for each bag (5) -- my grand total?
I got $31.99 for just $3.84 (88% savings)AND I got a coupon for $10 of my next order!

Transaction #2
10 asst boxes of Kellogg's Cereal@ $2.50
3 bottle of Ocean Spray (OS) juice@ $3.09
2 bottles of Lawrey's Marinade

Coupons: 5 coupons for $1 off two cereal (all doubled), three $1 off OS (all doubled) and two $1 off Lawrey's (all doubled). then I added $3 in RR and got $.05 for each bag (5) -- my grand total?
I got $48.70 for just $15.80 (67.5% savings) AND I got another coupon for $10 off my next order!
**note: I didn't used the $10 off coupon from the previous transaction as it MIGHT have kept the $10 coupon from this transaction printing...if you use the same offer on the same offer, it can cancel it out like it does at Walgreen's!

One trip out to the car and then back into the store!

Transaction #3
Time for the Conagra deals! Spend $15 in their items and get $5 back for your next transaction - buy 10 items and mail your receipt in for a $25 coupon pack from them~!
The Sentry Circular had a coupon for Hunt's Snack Pack Pudding - buy 3 get one free and it was a manufacturer's coupon so I used it, LOL!

I got:
4 packs Pudding @ $1
3 cans Hunts Spaghetti Sauce @ $1
Orville Red Popcorn (LOVE the tender white!)@$2
2 jars Ragu Alfredo (recipe post coming for this) @ $2
Tide Normally $7.99, on sale for $5.99
4 cans Chef Boyardee (for hubby's lunch)@$1
2 Banquet Apple Pies @.60
2 Reddi Wip @ $2

Coupons: 1 free pudding, $1 off 3 (doubled), $1 off 3 hunts (doubled), $1 off Orville (doubled), $1 off 2 Ragu (doubled), $1 off Tide (doubled), $1 off 4 Chef B (doubled), two $.35 off pies (doubled), Two $1 off Reddi wip (doubled) and a $2.50 RR. Sorry, out of my own bags at this point..
I got $35.91 for just $7.29 (80% savings)AND I got a coupon for $5 off my next order!

***At this point, I have spent $26.93 and gotten back $25 instantly and will get $25 back in the mail SOOOO I have gotten paid $23.07 to take this all home!

Transaction #4
10 assorted bottles of Lawrey's marinades @$2.39 (normally $2.99)
1 loaf bread $1.99
3 tuna @1.84
2.25# green grapes @ $.99/pound

Coupons: Ten $1 off Lawrey's (all doubled), a Buy 2 Get 1 Free Tuna and $10 off order from Trans #1 and Sorry, still out of my own bags...
I got $42.19 for just $1.65 (96% savings)And a "Holy Crap" from the guy behind me, LOL!

--->This is where I switched stores! We have two Copp's in town and I wanted more juice - I knew there was none left at the store I was at.

New store: transaction #5 for the day
10 bottles OS juice @$3.09

Coupons: ten $1 off OS juice (all doubled) and $5 off next order...still no bags.
I got $30.90 for just $5.90 (81% savings).

Transaction #6
their last 8 bottles OS juice
2 Aunt Jemima Pancake syrup @2.99 (normally $3.99 ea)
Rhodes Frozen rolls @$2.29 (normally 2.69)
1 gallon milk

Coupons: Eight $1 off OS (all doubled), $1 off Rhodes (doubled) and $1 off 2 syrup (doubled) and my $10 coupon from trans #2.
I got $37.54 for just $5.74 (85% savings)

Grand total for the day: $227.23 in groceries for just $40.22 and am getting $25 back in the mail so it drops to $15.22 and a savings of 93% today!

Comments

  1. how do you do the transactions. My problem is that Rainbow only allows 5 coupons doubled. i can't go in and out as i have thing 3 with me and she would be so frustrated. maybe i can when she starts school.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!