$215.40

That's right, $215.40!

I was behind a lady at the grocery store today who had a cart that was less than half full, didn't buy any sales specials and used no coupons. She wipped out her debit/credit card without blinking an eye and paid for it. If that was me, I would have needed CPR, LOL! She had some great things like a Hormel Pork Tenderloin roast, fresh veggies, etc but I got those same things a few weeks ago when they were B1G1 AND I used coupons!

That poor lady. She is like a lot of shoppers who go to the store without a list and just buys what might be good for dinner.

I know you are smarter than that!
=)

Here is what I took home today, keep in mind that I have a Cub Food's run to do tomorrow...

I got:
8 4Pks Hunts Pudding @ $1 (normally 1.15)
12 cans Chef Boyardee Ravioli/pasta @ $1 (normally 1.19)
1 gallon milk @ $2.15
2 Ragu sauce @ $1.50 (normally ($2.09)
chocolate chips $2.29 - not on sale but we wanted to make cookies!
Apples $2.49 *on sale
Bananas $.64 *on sale
Apples $.96 *on sale
Pears $1.70
Red Grapes $1.40 *on sale

Coupons used: two $1 off 6 cans Chef Boyardee (doubled), two $1 off 4 packs pudding (doubled), $1 off 2 RAGU (doubled), $5 Walgreen's RR

$41.98 in groceries for $19.76 (53% savings)

Not huge savings but the apples will turn into apple butter tomorrow...the pears fill out my fruit for the 4P jam I am going to make and we have chocolate chip oatmeal cookies in our future! Dear hubby also has plenty of quick grab items for those busy shifts at work where he knows he won't get away for a full break!

It is totally a different way of shopping, running/maintaining a stock pile but it DOES save money in the long run!

Looking at my produce from this week:
Grapes for munching and into curried chicken salad...banans for munching and into banana bread, the rest will become yummy spreads for warm biscuits or toast this winter on nice, chilly mornings.

Total for the month:

$100.00
-27.73 (week 1)
--------
$72.27 to go
-4.79 (Wags this week) 4 cans oranges for $.50 each, 1 gallon of milk for $2.79
-----------
$67.48 to go
-19.76 (this week: Copp's)
-----------
$47.72 to go and we are halfway thru the month...pretty much on pace and a lot less than $215.40

=)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!