Chicken Chili


My awesome friend La, who has the blog The Curvy Life, shared her chicken chili recipe a while back...and it intrigued me as it was not a white chicken chili - but a regular chili. The weather has taken a dip for the cooler days of fall and it's time to take some of that cooked, shredded chicken that I got on Wednesday and get busy with it!


I did tweak her recipe a bit as hers used salsa and we have the huge bell pepper allergy in this house, so here is my version.


Chicken Chili

1 small onion diced, saute in the bottom of the pan in 1-2 TBSP olive oil.

Add 1 12 oz can or bottle of beer (yes, I said beer!)

Add 2 cans chili beans in chili sauce ( I did one mild and 1 hot)

Add 2 cans diced tomatoes and don't forget to add a pinch of sugar to counter the acid in them! Simmer 5-10 min. Add chili powder, cumin, salt/pepper to taste.

Stir in 1 can corn and 1-2 cooked off chicken breasts that you have shredded.

Simmer 5 min more and dig in! I like to stir in a bit of sour cream and then top with cheddar and enjoy!
*****WARNING, this is addictive! Hubby has had me make this several times already, LOL!


This is a GREAT dish to make up in advance and freeze - for those of you that don't like to eat the same thing for a few days in a row.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!