Holy Buckets!! I never went NEGATIVE before...

Copps run today...
It was DOUBLE Double coupons today and I really scored! Transaction #1 was a lesson for me...I handed all my coupons over and didn't think until I was $3.16 in the negative. I had to add a few packs of mint gum (good to keep in the car) to bring the total over the zero balance. It came to just under a dollar.

I DID have some Walgreen's register rewards in there and could have held on to one $3 on to put on another order...live and learn. I will hand over RRs AFTER the other coupons have gone through from now on. (sigh) I would have hit $.47 and then used the $3 off later instead of the gum.

Here is what I got today, pretty close to what I told you I was going to do -

transaction 1
From the Deli - 1 pound rotisserie chicken salad
From the Deli 1/4 pound broccoli cheese salad
2 packs deli deluxe slices
2 betty crocker cake mix
2 cheeze its crackers- I got the new scrabble ones, how cool for a bunch of kindergartners at snack time???
2 cinnamon corn flakes
2 cinnabon cereal
4 Select Harvest soups (1.10)
1 avocado
3 friggin' pack of gum

Coupons used: two $1 off Kraft slices (doubled), two $.75 corn flakes (doubled), two $.75 Cinnabon cereal (doubled), two $1 off 2 soups (doubled), $.75 off 2 cake mixes (doubled), $.10 for bags, a FREE avocado coupon, $3 off $7+ deli order, $1 off next order from last week, $6 wags RR (2 sets of $3) and I got a coupon for $3 off milk on my next order.
Grand total $48.81 for .84 , 98.3% off.

transaction 2
milk
5 hormel chili master cans
2 betty crocker cake mix
Chips Ahoy
Nivea lip balm
2 more campbells soups
V8 broccoli soup
2 Butterfingers
avocado
Coupons used: five $.75 chili, (doubled), $1 off 2 soups (doubled), $.75 off 2 cake mixes (doubled), $1 off Nivea (doubled), $1 off chips ahoy when you buy milk (doubled), $1 off 2 Butterfingers (doubled)$.05 for bags, a FREE avocado coupon, $.17 off milk (in add coupon) then I used the $3 off milk on my next order from trans #1 AND I got a coupon for $5 off my next order.
Grand total $33.54 for 3.72 (COULD have been just $.72 - UGH!) , 89% off

transaction #3
2 Raisin Bran
4 Cocoa Crispies
2 more Select Harvest Soups
2 betty crocker cake mix
4 sweet moments
1 Nestle cookies
avocado

Coupons used: two $1 off 2 Cocoa Crispies (doubled), $1 off 2 Raisin Brand (doubled), $1 off 2 soups (doubled), $.75 off 2 cake mixes (doubled), four $1 off Pillsbury Sweet Moments treats (doubled), $1 off Nestle(doubled),$.05 for bags, a FREE avocado coupon, the $5 off from transaction #2 and I got a coupon for $3 off milk on my next order.
Grand total $45.13 for 2.28 , 94.6% off.

transaction #4
milk
Chips Ahoy
9 nestle Toll house cookies
1 Avocado

Coupons used: nine $1 off Nestle(doubled), $1 off when you buy Chips Ahoy and milk (doubled), FREE avocado coupon, the $3 off milk from transaction #3 and I got TWO coupons for a FREE bag of nestle fun sized candy bars or wonka candy on my next order - up to $3 value. Grand total $39.94 for 5.44 , 86% off.

Daily Grand total: $167.42 for $12.28 - 92.7% savings AND I got $6 off my next order...plus 3 of the Deli Deal coupons.

I do have the receipts here for you as I often get a "no way"!! from people - the proof is in the picture, LOL!





Total for the month:

$100.00
-8.07 (week 1)
--------
$91.93
-$45.00 (HyVee meat deal)
--------
$46.93 (week 2)
-$12.28 (week 3)
-------
$34.65 to go

I really only see us getting bread or milk...we are loaded to the gills right now!
I think it's time to pull a bag or two and visit the food pantry at our church
=)

Have a great day~!

Comments

  1. great job!!I was anxious to see how you did!You are lucky that your store takes R.R. I saved a whopping 90% of my combined transactions(6 in total) I was a little distracted from my lack of sleep (with the new baby at home)so it took me some time to get organized in the store at the beginning but after a couple of minutes inside, my brain got into shopping mode!In total I bought:
    6 chichi's meals (for my dearest lunch)
    4 hormel chili
    3 chihi's salsa
    2 hormel natural turkey
    2 starkist chunk light tuna
    2 frigo cheese strings
    4 buitoni
    2 buitoni salsa
    4 soy sauce
    2 pillsbury sweet moments
    6 packs of keebler cookies (should have gotten the cheeze its crakers just like you, for my daughters class)
    1 8 pack of coke
    4 nestle cookie dough
    2 nabisco saltines
    2 poms juice
    2 packages of chicken organic chicken! on sale! they came out for 1.35 for a lil bit over a pound after Q
    24 cans of select harvest soups (1.99 at my store!I will be sharing these with my local pantry)
    1 elis cheesecake 3.99 on sale ,usually 8.99,I know still pricey but its soo good!
    I got (3)$5 on next purchase
    (1)$3 on milk
    (1) free nestle or wonka candy
    Went back and got
    1 bisell formula for carpet 8.29 ouch!
    6 swiffer dust and shine
    3 free and clear dish soap
    3 chinet plates
    2 hair nets
    and after the double the coupons,3($5) coupons from above and bag refund I paid $1.29!
    In total I saved 218.46! woot woot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great run! :) I've been doing pretty well, as well. LOVE CVS for all the extras that are included in my grocery budget. But, I am finding now that Fall is here - I struggle with costs of produce. I always come upon this in the Fall and Winter when fruit is harder to come by. My budget for fruit with my kids usually close to 40 dollars; any tips with fresh fruit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne - Great idea! I will whip up a post for you
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey do you guys shop at target? they had a $1.00 on produce coupon on their website..this is a great Q.I got to print several from my home and husband's office.I got bagged salad free , with the dole manufacturer Q, and free celery,green onions,grapes and green peppers and cheap(0.99) organic strawberries in different occasions , i also buy frozen beggies and cook depending on what I got.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!