Homemade Soups

I know if seems like I buy a lot of soup but we are a huge soup eating family! Homemade is SO MUCH better than canned, but canned travels better for my husband's lunch and canned is a lot faster when the munchkin wants a snack!

Last week I made a bunch of things - chicken chili, Autumn Chowder and California Blend...today I made Cheesy Broccoli.

When I make soups - I portion it into smaller sizes and like to freeze it as well as send some over to my in-laws.

Today I used the $.39 a pound broccoli that I got this week, some chicken broth, curry, and an eight ounce brick of sharp cheddar cheese. This pot of soup came to about $1. Granted I get my cans of soup for almost nothing too - it's just a great way to warm the body on a cold day and fill the tummy!

As I flipped through my recipe book - I have a few more on the list to make over the next several weeks:
-Chicken Dumpling
-Cheddar Beer Soup
-French Onion
-Cheeseburger Soup
-Paul Harvey Wild Rice Soup
-Butternut Squash Soup
-Swiss Potato Soup
-Tortilla Soup

What is your favorite kind of soup?

Comments

  1. don't really eat soup. i like the chicken in the chicken and dumpling. leave it big enuf to eat with taters and a veggie. onion soup is ok. but i really don't care for many cooked veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah - just take the cooked veggies out, puree them and fold them back in. You will thicken the soup, not see the veggies, eat better and surprise yourself, LOL!

    It is a GREAT way to incorporate left overs, clean the fridge out, etc

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!