HyVee

I am not a big fan of their store -- the prices are close to Copps and they don't have a double coupon day. The one time they score big is with their "one day only" sales or their meat deals.

Meat deal #6 caught my eye in the Sunday paper - and there was a $10 coupon to make it only $90. Since that is almost my entire monthly budget, I had to find a friend to share this deal with! We EACH spend $45 and we EACH get:

5 - 5oz ground chuck patties
5 - 5oz beef cube steaks
5 - 4oz boneless pork center cut chops
5 - 5oz boneless rib eye chops
5 - 5oz boneless pork country style ribs
5 - 3.75 oz pork brats
5 - 3.75 oz Italian Sausages
5 - 5oz bacon wrapped turkey tenderloins
5 - 6oz boneless chicken breasts
5 chicken leg quarters

See what I mean? YES, it is a little over the price per pound that I like to spend on meat but a lot of these are premium cuts. A large variety of different things that create EASILY over 10 different meals! I see just one Italian sausage being cooked up and added to a pan of lasagna...Swiss Steak, Apple BBQ pork chops and more!

So, this is the reason we are eating up things in the chest freezer this week - I have to get all of this in it, LOL!

Comments

  1. So how much is that per pound? I buy meat (beef) once a year - we split a grass-fed organic steer from a friend of mine with two other families. We take 1/4, another family takes a 1/4 and a thrid family takes a 1/2. It costs us $2.50 per pound and since there are only two of us, the 1/4 cow lasts 10 months (about 125 pounds). I fill in the other days with chicken (from a local farmer friend - I buy chicks in the early spring and get well, the end product in August to last us a year and over the summer we do as much vegetarian as possible with stuff from our garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the chicken leg quarters are "average" sized then this comes to almost 15 pounds of assorted meat for a price around $3 per pound. I normally like to shoot for a $1.99 or less price per pound but haven't seen that pirce anywhere close on Italian Sausage, Center cut chops, beef steaks or turkey tenderloins...so I felt this was a good buy.
    =)
    The chuck patties will be one meal on the grill - yum!
    I see Swiss Steak and Pepper Steak with the cubed steaks, Apple BBQ chops with leftovers, Italian Beef Sammies for hubby's lunch, Crock Pot Ribs, Brat & Spuds (is WAAAY better than it sounds), 5 different pasta dishes like Lasagna or Stuffed Shells - using only 1 Italian Sausage each, A Mock Thanksgiving dinner in late January with the last of the stored squash, Crock pot chicken and then, the leg quarters dusted in a seasoned flour and roasted so they will be yumm-o in his lunch pail...

    I think you are getting a great price on the cow -- I just know I couldn't look at that much beef, LOL! My Dad used to hunt deer and we had so much venison (seriously, ALL THE TIME) that I longed for chicken or pork! Finally, he just had it made into ground "beef" and sausage...which we still get in the Christmas Breakfast Bake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! That was like another blog post, LOL - sorry for the novella!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!