Meal Plan Monday...

Did not happen this week...I had a bugger of a migraine.

OK, here's the story...
I had a migraine shot on Monday morning and it didn't take...I was up all night sicker than a dog and called at 7Am to get into the migraine clinic.

They got me in quickly...and I swear, I had the best nurse EVER! She got the IV in my arm and I never felt a thing...

The protocol is purely non -narcotic and is in stages...usually lasting 4-5 hours. Keep in mind that this is the first time I have even gone thru it, LOL!

They started with the anti seizure med in the IV -- that helps calm the overloaded nerves. Then they went to the magnesium...
I was doing very well and almost ready to step -
THEN the fire alarms went off...strobe lights flashing everywhere and a very loud beeper.

I must admit that I was very impressed with their speed and accuracy. They were putting post it notes on all doors that were empty and making a check mark on them...my nurse got me up, unhooked my IV and helped me evacuate. We made it to the stairwell and the "all clear" sounded.

Back to the room.

I was hooked back up and finishing the mag when the alarms went off again...

This time she didn't unhook me, we just grabbed the iv pole and took a walk. We got down the 2 flights of stairs with it and then, the all clear...

Back to the room.

It took another 25 minutes for the strobe lights to be turned off -- I could see them even though I had my eyes closed and two folded towels over my head....I can't imagine working with them going on for that long - THEY should have had headaches!

Then the benendryl and I forget what else they added... my head was worse.

Finally they did the occipital nerve blocking shots at the base of my skull -- let's just say OUCH! $#@#$@!!!!!!

Then all was quiet...no more throbbing pain.

The nurse was a REAL doll -- more than made up for the rookie team...and she was SOOOOO good - I never even felt her take the IV out - and today, no bruising!

I do have the two goose eggs on the back of my head but they aren't even tender...if it weren't for the fire alarms, I think I would have beat it with just the IV. I had always been afraid of the IV therapy and avoided it like the plague -- it really wasn't that bad, I kinda preferred it over a morphine shot! I was left tired but not stoned like I am after the morphine...but what a wild ride!

Needless to say, I am flying by the seat of my pants this week, LOL!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!