The Sunday Newspaper

What it is that holds the magic of Sunday mornings with the newspaper?

When I was a kid, I couldn't wait for the pages of colored comic strips...if I found them particularly funny, I would clip and add them to my scrapbook. Around the holidays the color add inserts of everything from Toys R Us to the Farm & Fleet toys would get my attention. I would clip out the pictures of what I wanted and make a small poster so Santa couldn't possibly make a mistake on that important day!

Now I live for the coupons and sale inserts! I got incredibly excited when I saw the Walgreen's ad this week: Butterfinger candy bars are $.29 each with a limit of 6. This is a HUGE money maker for me as I have a stack of coupons for $1 off 2. 6 candy bars will cost $.87 and I will get $3 off in coupons! I started flipping through their circular to see what kind of things I was going to buy with a combination of coupons that that amazing $2.13 overage.

Here is what caught my eye, the items with a * are wags clip out coupons this week:

-Armour Vienna Sausage $2.1 - limit of 4* (nice late night snack for Andy)
-5# Gold Medal Flour 2/$3 (holiday baking...)*
-Pure Honey Bears $1.99 (cold and flu season is almost here!)*
-Reynolds Wrap foil $.89 - limit of 3(and there is a coupon for it)*
-Purex $5.99 for 2 (add 2 $2 off coupons...)
-Revlon Hair color kits 2/$5 (and they have coupons...)
-Nivea lip balm (free with it's own coupon in All You Magazine)
-$1.59 half gallon of milk - limit 4 (high price for milk unless you get it FREE)
-4-8 oz Ritz crackers $.99 (for holiday cheese balls)
-EOS lipbalm $3 - with $3 RR
-Playtex tampons $7.99 - $2 Wags coupon - $1 manu coupon - (use $3 EOA coupon and with 6 butterfingers for FREE tampons)
-Oral B toothbrush $1.99 ($1 RR) - $.75 manu coupon
-Johnson's baby lotion (b1g1 50% off) LOVE that smell and Ms Sarah loves her massages!
-Speed Stick deodorant $1.99 (Andy likes this...)*
-Snack sized Snicker candy bar bags $2.50 ($.50 RR) (snicker bar salad?)
-Werther Original 2/$2.29 - $1 manu on 2 (my in laws love this!)
-Quaker Rice Cakes $.99 (Caramel ones ROCK!)
-Kraft Salad Dressing $1.99*
-Wags brand canned mixed nuts or cashew halves $1.99 (nice holiday basket filler)
-Chunk white Albacore Chicken of the Sea tuna $.79 - limit 3*

As long as they have Butterfinger Bars, I am in business -- and yes, I will ask for rainchecks when they are out, LOL! I know, I am going to have a lot of Butterfinger candy bars! I know you want to stop my MY house when you go trick or treating later this month - I will be passing out full sized bars, LOL!

I will share a picture of my haul(s) as the week goes on...what got YOU excited

Comments

  1. Well, I did a test run this morning and they won't take more than 1 Butterfinger coupon per transaction. It doesn't SAY that on the coupon, but I wasn't going to argue, LOL!

    That will switch things up a bit as I now have only a $.42 overage per transaction...so I have tweaked my list:

    Armour Vienna Sausage - $.50 *
    -5# Gold Medal Flour $1.50 *
    -Reynolds Wrap foil $.89 - $.75 manu coupon*
    -Nivea lip balm (free with it's own coupon in All You Magazine)
    -4-8 oz Ritz crackers $.99 (for holiday cheese balls)- $1 off two manu coupon means they come to $.28 each
    -EOS lipbalm $3 - with $3 RR **MONEY MAKER !!
    -Oral B toothbrush $1.99 ($1 RR) - $.75 manu coupon **MONEY MAKER !!
    -Speed Stick deodorant $1.99 (Andy likes this...)$.75 manu coupon brings this to $.82*
    -Quaker Rice Cakes $.99 (Caramel ones ROCK!)
    -Chunk white Albacore Chicken of the Sea tuna $.79 - will be $.37

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!