Today's DOUBLE DOUBLE day run...

I looked thru my coupons and DID find a few things to bring home - IF the store had them in stock.

One thing that I have been dying to try was the new Nature Valley Granola Thins - peanut butter or dark chocolate. Nature Valley hasn't been doing the greatest job keeping up with the demand for this as the stores seem to only get in 1-2 cases at a time.

Last week, they were OUT when the big 2/$4 sale was on so I got a rain check.

They had them today (yipee!)

Transaction #111 boxes Nature Valley Granola Thins ($3.35)
1 bag Baby Ruth fun size $3.08

Coupons used: Rain check for NV thins - took off $14.85, ten $1 NV thins coupons (doubled), $.75 off NV thins, $1 off transaction catalina, $3 off Nestle fun size check out value coupon.

$40.04 for $.33 - a $39.71 savings (99.2%)

Yes, I was jumping for joy over that one -- Ms Sarah and I would have a lot of fun treats this winter as the boxes are good thru 4/1/2011. They are now safely downstairs by my juice and cereal!

Transaction #2 was a fiasco. I had to go to the customer service desk to straighten it out -- ugh!

My Copp's has always gone by SHELF price to hit your $25 - not sale price. I was over on shelf price but I ran it pretty close and was $2 under on sale price so my coupons didn't double. They finally updated their register system to their current coupon policy and sale price is what we have to use from now on. Customer service and that awesome Assistant Manager Sam fixed it for me!

Here was my list:
Milk $2.09
4 Idahoan Pouch potatoes @$1.19 (SUPER easy to make when you are in a rush and yummy!)
5 cans Bush Grillin Beans @$1.75
Old El Paso taco shells $1.49
Old El Paso taco seasoning $.84
2 Old El Paso refried beans @$.99
Babe Ruth Fun Sized $3.08
3# red grapes @$.99/#

Coupons used: 4 $1 off Idahoan (doubled to 1.19), 5 $1 off Bush (doubled to 1.75), $1 off 3 OE paso items (doubled), $.11 for milk, $3 off Nestle fun size check out value coupon, free seasoning when you buy taco shells, $6 RR

$25.96 for $.67 - a $25.29 savings (97%) AND I got a $1 off my next transaction coupon!

Grand total: $66 for $1 a 98.5% savings (And they gave me $1 back!)

YES - I do LOVE Double Double days!
=)

The Old El Paso means a taco night in our future --- I have free candy for the trick or treaters --- grapes and curried chicken salad are in our future this week ---and IF I hit the store again today, It will be a different Copp's as I really don't want to stick my head in there today after transaction #2 was so bad...

*note to self: update notes for the class I am teaching next month, LOL!

SOOOO....

$100.00
-8.07 (week 1)
--------
$91.93
-$45.00 (HyVee meat deal)
--------
$46.93 (week 2)
-$12.28 (week 3)
-------
$34.65
- .52 (week 4)
------
$34.13
- $2.79
------
$31.34
- $1.00
------
$30.34 to go and there are 4 days left...

Comments

  1. GEEZ how about I just give you money for my house too and you swing by and drop off the same thing here.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL-- Maybe I could start a service...only charging half of what I save people?
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!