What can you teach?

Jean, Laurel and Dave (yes, I have read these financial planner people's books enough to feel I can call them by their first names...) all agree that after cutting your expenses, creating and sticking to a budget, making sure you have an "emergency fund" and then paying off your debt (highest interest rate items first) is a good plan.

If you have cut your expenses and still need additional income, you can:
-Get a second job (make sure it doesn't kill you now physically and later at tax time)*
-Sell things you own (had the garage sales...)
-Sell your services/expertise (the reason for this post)

I already make my hobby of scrapbooking pay for itself with the weekend crops, but realistically, I can't do more than 6 a year as it is too hard for a weekend on the family...and hourly, it's not that profitable.

Here is a new one: Classes.

I am going to teach "coupon clipping 101" classes at the local public library and also through the local Parks & Recreation program. My power point presentation is already finished for the 2 hour class...and I have finished the handouts. I just need copies of the local stores coupon policies for their pass outs and am ready to rock!

My first class is in December, so I will only be teaching one before the end of this year but I will be back in business for the new year. What did it take to land this gig? A few phone calls. What am I getting paid? Let's just say enough to cover my grocery budget each month...

What could YOU teach?
Scrapbooking 101? 15 minute meals? Fun things to do with little people on a rainy day? Knitting? Organizational basics?

Turn your talents into cash and make them duplicable.

**back to that second job. A few years back, dear hubby tried to work a part time job (1-2 days a week) long with his full time job. Bad idea for several reasons:
- We hardly saw him
- When we DID see him, he was beat
- They didn't take much out in taxes and we had to pay a LOT in when we filed our returns...

It just wasn't worth it. Try something else instead :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!