Crock Pot Potato Soup

Nothing tastes as good on a cold winter day as a bowl of warm, dressed up, creamy, potato soup! It seems like the ultimate Midwest "comfort food" and let's face it, I live in Wisconsin because it's legal for me to have five starches on the same plate, LOL!

I promised this recipe - it is fast, easy and yummy! We LOVE it! I hope your family finds it as good as ours does
=)

8 C peeled & cubed potatoes (5 lbs.)
3 (14 oz) cans chicken broth
1 (8 oz) brick cream cheese, softened
1/2 lb. bacon crisp-cooked & crumbled (With bacon over $6 a pound right now, I get 1/2 pound of cooked, crumbled bacon from the salad bar at the grocery store for $2.25. I use half in the soup and save the other half to garnish it as I serve it)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/4 tsp. pepper

Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Cook on low 8-10 hours. Serve with shredded cheddar cheese and more of that crumbles bacon of top!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!