It's not a deal if you don't need it...

I LOVE the Sunday Newspapers -- for the color funny pages, piles of store circulars and coupon inserts! Dear hubby likes the boring, black and white pages and thanks me for pulling the rest of the crap out before her gets it (LOL)!

It was funny this Sunday - looking thru everything...nadda.

When you research and plan, and find GREAT deals on Black Friday, even the amazing offers on Cyber Monday can't offer me anything to part with more of my cash!

Let's talk groceries...
**Cub Foods has some nice offerings - but nothing exciting.
**Aldi's had butter for under $2.50 a pound - but I expect better deals in the next week or so.
**Copp's has only a 4 day flier - it will be interesting to see what they come out with on Thursday! They DO have the awesome cereal day again, if you are running low -where you can get free milk and eggs, besides the instant $10 off.

I DID see Copp's had a deal where you get an iTunes gift card pack (3 $10 cards) for $30 and then get $5 back in free grocery credit...limit of one offer. I may get that through the business and add to my collection of awards for our Tupperware year end celebration.

As for the Retail Stores...I used Black Friday to get a few things for ME and Ms Sarah's birthday in June, along with shopping for her in the name of my brother and in-laws. I DID add the Wii Fit as a gift to us all from Santa as I know we are getting a Wii from my Mom.

As all birthday's are planned out (even gifts for Sarah to take to any little parties she is invited to)...and the holiday's are covered...and we are fully clothed and fed...it's easy to look at a store flier and then recycle it.
=)

We even got gifts for the Giving Tree - which we do backwards! I take Ms Sarah to the mall to look through the names and we find people's wishes to match the gifts we had bought. This year I have a full set of dishes, a Pan, a toddler game, a little girl hair/lip gloss accessory kit, an art kit, and a set of size 4-5 toddler jammies. We figure this will work for 3-4 or so separate people.

Other than that, I am on gift wrap duty this week! Everything that needs to be wrapped will get so...and what needs to be shipped will be postal by Friday.

I know some of you think I am crazy...but this helps me maintain my holiday sanity! I like to relax and enjoy the holiday - not frantically rush around and try to please everyone. THAT is why I aim to be done with all by December 1st.

I have one fun holiday event to do each week with Sarah -
**This weekend we will see the Nutcracker at the Memorial Union - our cousin is dancing in it.
**Next weekend it is the Polar Express program through the local parks and rec department (more on that later)
**Then comes the church holiday program where she sings!
**Then cookies for Santa program, again through the parks and rec.

Add an advent calendar that offers a small chocolate every day -- and a 3 day Christmas celebration through all the different parts of the family and December is MORE than full for her!

I get her through all of that and get to add my Cookie Exchange party.

Are you still out there looking for deals? Are you looking at a home made holiday? Do you need more recipes?


In the next few weeks I will share our holiday dinner and the recipes, fun crafts for the kiddos, cookie recipes and more...so keep stopping back!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!